• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck Fire Truck

Mackfire68

The local volunteer fire company that I belong too decided to take their engine down to the creek to practice "drafting". They went a little to far and could not back out. I recieved a call to help get them out. A little tug with the duece and the job was done. I was amazed that the duece could so easily pull a 30,000 pound truck up a hill. The pleasures of owning a duece.:p

Attachments

Kohburn

with all the flooding we've been having I've been looking for people to help - any excuse to show how useful my old MV is

jamesfrom180

Just curious but how is the Pumper hooked up? Looks like you employed a double run of your winch line. Did you winch him out or pull? Awesome to see that green machines are not just a menace to society and the traveling public.

Mackfire68

No winch needed, I just hooked a chain to the engine through a frame mounted tow point and through the d ring on the duece and backed up.

jollyroger

Our previously all volunteer, now entirely paid and the largest fire district in the state after consolidations and it is almost all city fire department has some pretty sweet equipment. They know what I'm bringin' to the party and I keep waiting for the panic phone call. "Hey Johnny". "We got the tender stuck and can't get it out". "Can you bring something over and help us out?"

Good job making look like it was just that easy.:D

Akicita

Great you were able to help them out - and so effortlessly on top of that.

The FD in a village I visit twice a year sold their Deuce and bought a larger truck that they have since customized. I saw it last week. They cut it back from 11 ft wide to 8, took the standard bed off and mounted three water tanks. I asked the fireman what model that was and he didn't know. Anyway, it's looks awesome. I would have really like to take a picture but didn't have a camera with me. Probably would not have worked inside the firehosue anyway.

MASIC

I pulled out an ambulance once on their way to a rural call in a snow storm. I cannot count the number of people pulled out in mini vans. I love snow because no one complains about getting pulled out and are greatful for the 5ton monster

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks