• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck in LA, 939 Locked in 6-wheel Drive - Ideas?

zout

Wow talk about sarcasm

Guess there are smarter folks you just should have contacted first with only 30 times coming on here posting. We do not know it all - but we try to help. And for one I stand by Gimp. Know & have done it are two different issues.
You really should keep your sarcasm to yourself - or have read the TMS before heading out so you did not have to ask the question in the first place HOW the truck operated.

But eh- I have only been in the business 54 years.

Tried and failed to contact several folks, (one got back right at the end)came to SS for help, got tons, but got a hard time too, what ever man, I got nothing from you but criticism. I love how most here had no idea what to do but tear the truck apart and figure it out later, maybe that's how some of you do things, the good advise pointed right at figuring out the issue with the truck intact, as I knew how to pull parts already, this is not my first rodeo, Ive been dealing with locomotives and trucks for 24 years and never left a rig on the side of the road. Im not the smartest by far that's why when its something new I ask, that's what I thought this group was all about, never ever worked on a truck with so many air lines, and where I was headed there is a huge amount of ignorance of the military let alone anything with a diesel, so I stuck around where parts and knowledge is, got it fixed, Whats wrong with that? (dare I ask...)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone was giving you the quick answers (remove driveshaft/hub flanges) because you said you were burning through money etc...

ke5eua

Tried and failed to contact several folks, (one got back right at the end)came to SS for help, got tons, but got a hard time too, what ever man, I got nothing from you but criticism. I love how most here had no idea what to do but tear the truck apart and figure it out later, maybe that's how some of you do things, the good advise pointed right at figuring out the issue with the truck intact, as I knew how to pull parts already, this is not my first rodeo, Ive been dealing with locomotives and trucks for 24 years and never left a rig on the side of the road. Im not the smartest by far that's why when its something new I ask, that's what I thought this group was all about, never ever worked on a truck with so many air lines, and where I was headed there is a huge amount of ignorance of the military let alone anything with a diesel, so I stuck around where parts and knowledge is, got it fixed, Whats wrong with that? (dare I ask...)
It is easier to pull hub flanges, drive shafts to get you that last 400 miles then spend two days tracing an air line that could have waited till you got home.

No one would have given you advice that would have put you in jeopardy, but rather try and get you back on the road.

zout

Nothing wrong with that - but what did not have to happen was sound advise from very reputable folks who have been there - done that - and do it and then call their advise sarcasm was not a good move when all they were doing was getting you from point A to point B the best you could move in a very SAFE manner. That is all.

Being able to see those faces as they gave you advise might have helped - but its not available so take it as it was given - sound great advise to HELP YOU - not sarcasm. Glad you got it moving.

Csm Davis

that is true and I should have elaborated more, apologies, ive been trying to get this truck out of here for a while, and Im not home yet, so that shaft may end up in the cab afterall.
Okay you said you have been working on trucks and trains for 24 years but how long have you been on forums? That may be the deal here I to had some early problems and it took me awhile to figure out it was me not everyone else. Now that said I was a little sarcastic when I said quit whining but I am a old Marine and we don't suffer folks much when they complain about little things. We live by the motto Improvise, adapt, and over come. But if you are still having problems call me I will try to help get you home. By the way been in 5 tons 46 years now. Oh yeah because you are on your phone you might not can see my signature. (601) 264-3453

Made it over the road, no issues other than The typical bouncing over some well known rough stretches of California roads(5 and 101), but my body is very well intact, as is the truck, the oil pressure gauge started to wave wildly between mid and max about half way, but all else ran very well and near as I can tell got 8 mpg minimum including some winding steep up and down roads.

i appreciate all the feed back, there is a good bunch on this forum.