• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck lug nuts

saddamsnightmare

July 29th, 2016.

The right torque multiplier (industrial grade) for a 1" or 2" inch wrench set, will take the lug nuts off or the lug bolts will fail. These torque multipliers have a heavy duty planetary drive which will multiply the force applied to the input side by a very sizeable amount, this is why they have an extremely heavy leg that must firmly strike the ground to prevent the gearbox itself from turning..

Anything Sears makes would not remotely qualify as industrial grade. Have broken bolts loose on locomotives and large machinery, the right size and grade tool will make your job much easier, and you should be able to rent one from an Industrial tool rental shop that deals with heavy industrial contractors.

Also consider using automatic transmission fluid on the lug nuts and tapping them with an oak mallet several times daily. The ATF will follow any crack and break loose the nuts in a couple of days.

Good Luck![thumbzup]

rustystud

July 29th, 2016.

The right torque multiplier (industrial grade) for a 1" or 2" inch wrench set, will take the lug nuts off or the lug bolts will fail. These torque multipliers have a heavy duty planetary drive which will multiply the force applied to the input side by a very sizeable amount, this is why they have an extremely heavy leg that must firmly strike the ground to prevent the gearbox itself from turning..

Anything Sears makes would not remotely qualify as industrial grade. Have broken bolts loose on locomotives and large machinery, the right size and grade tool will make your job much easier, and you should be able to rent one from an Industrial tool rental shop that deals with heavy industrial contractors.

Also consider using automatic transmission fluid on the lug nuts and tapping them with an oak mallet several times daily. The ATF will follow any crack and break loose the nuts in a couple of days.

Good Luck![thumbzup]
I agree. A Good Torque Multiplier will cost at least $300.00 on eBay. A quality one will start at $800.00 . These cheap ones from China are OK for real light us ( I know as I own one) but really cannot handle anything like he had.

Shoprat 19th Engr

I do know that they make a tool if the out side wheel is off and the lugs are still in the wheel (inner and outer lugs) you put the tool on the outer lug and drive the inner lug through the outer lug with an impact wrench you should be able the get one at a heavy truck parts store

rustystud

I do know that they make a tool if the out side wheel is off and the lugs are still in the wheel (inner and outer lugs) you put the tool on the outer lug and drive the inner lug through the outer lug with an impact wrench you should be able the get one at a heavy truck parts store
It's called a "Pork Chop" wrench and almost everyone here has several. I actually own four of them.

fasttruck

Remember to wheels on the driver's side have left handed threads- righty loosey, lefty tighty. the lug nuts on either side turn toward the rear of the truck to loosen. Try putting a socket and breaker bar on one and have soldier a turn it to loosen while soldier b hits the socket from the side with a hammer.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "pork chop" wrench is really very inexpensive. The last one I bought just cost $20.00 . Every truck owner that has dual tires should have one in their tool box.
Castle Bravo sent me an eBay link and it's on order!

6 years of deuce ownership and I'm still buying needed tools. Thanks for the tips guys [thumbzup]

rustystud

Castle Bravo sent me an eBay link and it's on order!

6 years of deuce ownership and I'm still buying needed tools. Thanks for the tips guys [thumbzup]
Well actually I had them for working on Semi-Trucks along with my double disc clutch adjuster and other weird tools I've had to buy over the last 35 plus years.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont forget antisieze when you put them back on. I see you are in Holly MI... not far away. If you need help again, keep me in mind. Im only in farmington hills.

Special T

Dont forget antisieze when you put them back on. I see you are in Holly MI... not far away. If you need help again, keep me in mind. Im only in farmington hills.
A little goes along way and hitting the. With a wire wheel will make spinning them on a breeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks