• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stupid question time: How to post to classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

QUOTE: CWO3 Bill Cradic here. I've just been lurking. I love this forum. The people seem genuine

When you have a puss like this there is no faking it
rofl

They are about as real as they come [thumbzup] - just have to keep your bowl of cherries away from them.

Attachments

DrJekl

This year's board is quite interesting. Just part of delaying promotions to get some folks to retire over waiting on board results. My class is about gone now. One of the guys did not get picked up last year, another was screwed over and is retiring, another retired and one or two I have lost track of. I have 22 in now and am looking at bailing around the 25-26 year mark. I'll never make CW5 based on current trends so I figure a last tour to Korea with the family would be nice. Lots of history and culture there to get your arms around and I can focus on my job and school while there. Too many distractors here for me. I am working on a doctor of management degree with UoP and it is kicking my butt so the plan is to shave my head, become a monk, and live on the side of a Korean mountain until I get this dissertation written! Then I'll come home, grow a beard, stop bathing, live in a shack in the woods, and blow things up in my spare time!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't get caught, a mod will send you to jail (do not pass go, do not collect your $200).
Really they may reset your post count for bogus posts.
... or some of the unpaid "minders" around here will alert that mod who will send you to jail...

:x

Chief_919

This year's board is quite interesting. Just part of delaying promotions to get some folks to retire over waiting on board results. My class is about gone now. One of the guys did not get picked up last year, another was screwed over and is retiring, another retired and one or two I have lost track of. I have 22 in now and am looking at bailing around the 25-26 year mark. I'll never make CW5 based on current trends so I figure a last tour to Korea with the family would be nice. Lots of history and culture there to get your arms around and I can focus on my job and school while there. Too many distractors here for me. I am working on a doctor of management degree with UoP and it is kicking my butt so the plan is to shave my head, become a monk, and live on the side of a Korean mountain until I get this dissertation written! Then I'll come home, grow a beard, stop bathing, live in a shack in the woods, and blow things up in my spare time!
Yeah, it seems like active boards are trending the exact opposite as reserve ones.

We are so short Warrants most of the boards are non comptetative and as long as your packet is in order and you are not flagged you will get selected. Downside to that is because of this they have seen fit to make us have 6 years TIG to board for 3 and 4. All my WOBC classmates are 3's now but me and one other guy in my shoes.

If being a "minder" means helping the other members on this site, then so be it. We need more of them and a lot less back seat babies, to keep this site the place it has become.
So if you can not be helpful, please take your angry face and move on.

DrJekl

Last year was most likely the last good board for active WOs. This year's results should have been out already. I have not been tracking when they will be released but the late results will end up costing folks on their next board as it may push their date of rank into another year for competition. I read someplace that the select in three pin in four target is shifting to the select in four pin in five to reduce the numbers naturally. This extra year would theoretically keep the good folks in and those that just want the rank to move on so they can be all they can be some place else. I think what has hurt the most is pushing recruiting to six to twelve years of service as a target zone and making older guys request a waiver. Old Warrants may be slow but the learned a few things while they got old.

DrJekl

FYI: since my playing around by posting three useless posts fired so many folks up, I have deleted them. No harm intended but I did not consider the intent versus impact rule as I did not feel it was necessary at the time of posting. The deleted posts were subtracted from my post count so I have gained zero advantage for my thoughtless actions earlier today. I would like to extend my apologies to those I have offended, as well as the entire community, and only hope that you will consider forgiving me for my childish activities on this site today.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do the forum rules say? 100. Or was that just to add one more post to your count?
no, not just to add..... I was asking because in this thread it sounded like there might be talk of changing it from 100 to 250. sorry i was just asking, as I was planning on posting a "want ad" at some point. If needed i can delete my question and this reply, thats no problem.

Last edited:

cgtboy1988

no, not just to add..... I was asking because in this thread it sounded like there might be talk of changing it from 100 to 250. sorry i was just asking, as I was planning on posting a "want ad" at some point. If needed i can delete my question and this reply, thats no problem.
Yah I wish we had a separate section for wanted ads- I am new to the board and MVs in general and don't have anything to sell, but I am looking for a M109 and have nowhere to post it :|

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yah I wish we had a separate section for wanted ads- I am new to the board and MVs in general and don't have anything to sell, but I am looking for a M109 and have nowhere to post it :|
It's been brought up a million times to do this, change is slow around here....It'll prolly happen around your 2,000 post count.:deadhorse:

headrc

Hi ..being new to this forum, I too wanted to post a classified ad for an M274 I want to sell. Following this thread ...do I understand correctly that I have to post 100 threads on this forum before I can place a classified? Thx ....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is correct.

army485

What is the 100 post rule? All I want to do is list a classified ad for an army telecommunications shelter. I have registered (obviously) but have been searching and can not find the post new ad path. Can someone help?:lost:

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
takes 100 GOOD post to be able to post in the classifieds, this help to keep people from joining JUST to sell

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had actually read the rules you just agreed to when you signed up, you would have read that you need 100 posts to use the free classifieds. The free classifieds are for contributing members. Not guys that joined yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks