• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful recovery now the fun begins!

treysoucie

Ok guys i picked up the deuce from hooks this weekend. Truck made the 6-7 hr drive back to houston with no trouble. She does have some leaks and the batteries dont seem to be holding CCA's they are holding at 12.5 volts a peice but they wont crank her over.. sucks becuase the batteries look brand new and the charging system is working perfect, 25.6 volts out put. After i got home from the 7 hr trip i let her sit for about 1 hr I then cranked her up no problems. I tried again early next morning and there wasn't enough juice to crank it up. Other than that and some leaks from the transfer case and she was a dream to drive. I set the throttle cable at 2400 RPM and cruised home.

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/te...744-660-000000543C1BE96C_zpsfe0858f5.mp4.html

I have some XZL tires to put on it once my modified FMTV wheels get out of PC.. The first thing i did was turn up the fuel. Yes i know i NEED a EGT gauge. Who has a link to an in expensive 24V EGT gauge and probe? While im in the business of modifing the truck does anyone know a good muffler to run?

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/...57570453-660-00000054A9569987_zpseb7e7eb3.jpg

treysoucie

Well if i read The alternator correctly there seems to be a screw where you can turn up the output voltage? even if it was 28, at 25.2-.6 for 7hrs of driving it should have charged them.

welldigger

I'm going to give the aero turbine muffler a try. Just got it in today. Probably gonna be a week or 2 before I get around to installing it. I like this muffler because it is a strait through design but it doesn't have packing that wears out.

Ford Mechanic

I installed the Donaldson muffler on mine, it has a single baffle with no packing. I did have to internally modify it, drilled a couple holes in the baffle so it would flow better. Other folks had good luck with it without mods, but I run WMO and fight high EGT's and the muffler pushed it another 50*F hotter I think. There's lots of muffler threads that have the part numbers in them. In one of them I had a before and after comparison of noise levels, it made a big differance. Now the wife rides without complaint!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks