• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful recovery now the fun begins!

treysoucie

Ok guys i picked up the deuce from hooks this weekend. Truck made the 6-7 hr drive back to houston with no trouble. She does have some leaks and the batteries dont seem to be holding CCA's they are holding at 12.5 volts a peice but they wont crank her over.. sucks becuase the batteries look brand new and the charging system is working perfect, 25.6 volts out put. After i got home from the 7 hr trip i let her sit for about 1 hr I then cranked her up no problems. I tried again early next morning and there wasn't enough juice to crank it up. Other than that and some leaks from the transfer case and she was a dream to drive. I set the throttle cable at 2400 RPM and cruised home.

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/te...744-660-000000543C1BE96C_zpsfe0858f5.mp4.html

I have some XZL tires to put on it once my modified FMTV wheels get out of PC.. The first thing i did was turn up the fuel. Yes i know i NEED a EGT gauge. Who has a link to an in expensive 24V EGT gauge and probe? While im in the business of modifing the truck does anyone know a good muffler to run?

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/...57570453-660-00000054A9569987_zpseb7e7eb3.jpg

treysoucie

Well if i read The alternator correctly there seems to be a screw where you can turn up the output voltage? even if it was 28, at 25.2-.6 for 7hrs of driving it should have charged them.

welldigger

I'm going to give the aero turbine muffler a try. Just got it in today. Probably gonna be a week or 2 before I get around to installing it. I like this muffler because it is a strait through design but it doesn't have packing that wears out.

Ford Mechanic

I installed the Donaldson muffler on mine, it has a single baffle with no packing. I did have to internally modify it, drilled a couple holes in the baffle so it would flow better. Other folks had good luck with it without mods, but I run WMO and fight high EGT's and the muffler pushed it another 50*F hotter I think. There's lots of muffler threads that have the part numbers in them. In one of them I had a before and after comparison of noise levels, it made a big differance. Now the wife rides without complaint!