• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super-Single spare tire swing/gate mount!

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are asking me, no. I slotted the front keyhole slot further outboard and used the "wrong" end of the rear keyhole. Like this:

Attachments

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spacing is a good solution, I just had not thought or heard of doing it that way when I did mine. I would have needed to buy or otherwise obtain 3 inch channel.

XchaosX

I just spaced mine out 3/4 from the frame. I didn't have to elongate the slot but did use the "wrong" end with a washer like you did.

Remm

I have been working on a spare tire holder for my A3, I took the hummer mount design and up sized everything of course. Not only does it swing out but it swings down to ground by means of a air ram. When tire is in up position there is a lock/ stop to support it just in case the ram has a problem or air line. Bearing are the key to it I used spindles for J.D. disk easy to get and cheap. still working on valving tire goes up to fast need to change valving, a little geometry on ram and find a heavy duty swivel for air line when swinging out. will post pics as soon as work gives me some spare time to finish.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks