• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super single wheels and tires

venom8343

Hi all, where can i find super single wheels for my deuce. I hate the duals. Also I'm wanting 14.00x20 goodyear tires. Will they fit on the back without rubbing together? Any info is greatly appreciated.

bigelk50

venom8343 Go with some 1200 or 1250x 20's I have seen them on a deuce before and they look great! I think that I recall a guy in WI selling tires and wheels for cheap. I know he has the 1100x20s.

venom8343

Hey thanks guys. I love the wheels and tires that are on tjcouch truck and yall say he is running 395x85x20, thats looks like the biggest tire you can fit without rubbing together. Does anyone know the exact, for sure, running them on your truck, the biggest in the xx.00-20 measarment? And I wish i knew how to build my own wheels....lol

M1075

Hey thanks guys. I love the wheels and tires that are on tjcouch truck and yall say he is running 395x85x20, thats looks like the biggest tire you can fit without rubbing together. Does anyone know the exact, for sure, running them on your truck, the biggest in the xx.00-20 measarment? And I wish i knew how to build my own wheels....lol
15.5R20 is the largest tire that will fit (of those that are found in reasonable quantities as surplus in the US)

tjcouch

IIRC, He's running 395/85/20
Correct.

I make it a point to forget how much I pay for modifications to my toys, otherwise I would likely stop. :-D

I have the fortune to be in the same state as www.ODIron.com , so shipping was how ever much fuel I burned in the tow vehicle.

The tires weigh 240# , the wheels . . . . ummm another 80#?

venom8343

Flighht if you would, find out for sure for me..thanks. And i heard that the XX.50R20's are shorter and wider. So we know that the 15.50R20's will fit. Now what is the biggest ones in the XX.00R20? Sorry for asking so many questions, I just want the biggest tire i can fit without buying a set thats to big!

tjcouch

he is running 395x85x20, thats looks like the biggest tire you can fit without rubbing together.
True. That is the biggest you can go . . . .and I have flexed it off-camber on the trails w/o worries.

I have no complaints with my set-up. I whole-heartily recommend it.

Again - pay careful attention to the last two pics in this post, they show the font axle fully compressed. http://tjcouch.com/?p=447

Last edited:

flighht2k5

Banned
Flighht if you would, find out for sure for me..thanks. And i heard that the XX.50R20's are shorter and wider. So we know that the 15.50R20's will fit. Now what is the biggest ones in the XX.00R20? Sorry for asking so many questions, I just want the biggest tire i can fit without buying a set thats to big!
Ill ask him on Tuesday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks