• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survey! Northern Michigan event??

ida34

Rizzo,
I have to make it out to see one of your mudbogs this year.

Lane,
May sounds good to me. Once we get into June, July, and August the calender seems to be pretty full with events.

rizzo

citizensoldier said:
I agree.. early May would be good.. I just dont want it to compete with the Ft Custer trail ride.. I think that is the last weekend in April.. I will have to check..
early may is good for me

zak

2009 is a long way off but I'd sure try and make it. My goal is to use the dump and haul the m37 around on a trailer this year. I hope to atleast make Midland and Clare, maybe even Grayling depending on funds and spare time................... :D

citizensoldier

Hope you can make some shows this year Zak.. Your Canadian M37 is awsome.. I cant wait to see it up close.. Drool, drool, drool,,,... I know its far off but I didnt think I could make anything happen for this spring and needed to know just who would come, or try to come.. I would like to whip up a indoor swap meet this spring somewhere is Michigan.. I talked a little bit with Ted G about it but he is on the road right now.. If anyone knows of a good size building we could use, or rent let me know.. I can drum up people to bring parts just need a location.. Right now is the time to sell parts everyone is working on there trucks. I know in the summer allot of guys stock pile parts for the winter when they have time..

Rattlehead

Lane, the spring trail ride is usually the last weekend of April. Might want to space a northern trail ride at least a couple weeks away, to allow saving up for fuel for those that may attend both. I give a definite maybe, as who knows what may come up in the next 15 months.

citizensoldier

Thanks Dave.. I agree with spacing from the Custer event... I have heard some rumblings about moving that event? I guess they cleaned up all the base roads and will not allow civi campers on site? This is all rumor but many have complained and told me they will not return.. Didnt you go last year? What was it like? I have never made this one.

odjeeper

I try to make as many events as possible each year, so whenever you plan to have one... As for a place this spring, what about General Jim's in Clare, the room where we have meals is pretty good size. Or just about any VFW hall would probably work.

citizensoldier

I think to have double events in the same place might be counter productive. I am thinking a big warehouse type building. It would be to hard to drag in axles, fenders and such into his nice game room. Clare is a good location though.. I was thinking maybe Gaylord.. Close to I-75.. Keep the ideas coming guys.. We will nail down something. Even if its the parking lot of Home Depot in Gaylord.. :D Need a covered drive in type building for the big stuff. Whole trucks and that type of thing.. Kind of like the buildings at Findlay.. I even thougt of calling the Midland Fair grounds to see how early they open that up.

rizzo

ida34 said:
Rizzo,
I have to make it out to see one of your mudbogs this year.
that would be cool

3rd Sat.of the month from May to Nov. noon till dark.

Let me know ahead of time I will put you on the VIP list

odjeeper

Ha, that's a great idea Lane, had not thought about a fairgrounds. Why not the Otsego County Fairgrounds? They hold snowmobile drags there during the winter so they must be operational year 'round. Would recommend the Crawford county farigrounds but they lease their buildings for storage in the winter.

citizensoldier

What do you guys think about the West Branch area? I was just poking around the map and that would be very central to most of our members.. I am talking for a parts swap this year.. Not the SS Rally that this survey is about. I think I will start another thread so they dont get all jumbled up.

knattrass

Just getting into this - saw a handful of MPVA gigs here in Clarkston/Rochester/etc.... doesn't the mitt end at Bay City?? My son is in high school with some activities but we could probably make a trek - would a camo net thrown over an Envoy get us in the gate?

citizensoldier

Nope

knattrass said:
Just getting into this - saw a handful of MPVA gigs here in Clarkston/Rochester/etc.... doesn't the mitt end at Bay City?? My son is in high school with some activities but we could probably make a trek - would a camo net thrown over an Envoy get us in the gate?
No thats the Mid Michigan MotorPool guys GLMVPA.. Bay City is not part of Gods country!! That is still sugarbeeter territory.. Just above you flatlanders...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks