• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

Another Ahab

I'd like to be able to get one of these, but their website says for gov. contract or law enforcement only.:-(
That kind of hoakum is frustrating:

- What? Some kind of security risk if the hoi-polloi get their hands on it (a multi-fuel generator)?

I mean maybe there's something here that I am overlooking, but, come on, right?!

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Don't know anyone in Law Enforcement? Time to make some friends! :beer:
Maybe start your own Law Enforcement agency:

- When I was kid there was a family lived out in a BIG house by my grandparent's house out in the country (farmland then, D.C. suburb now).

- They started their own religion, claimed their house was at the juncture of powerful life forces, and said it was a sacred temple for that reason.

- Actually pulled it off with the IRS, and they were all living there as a tax-exempt organization as a result (UFB).

- They threw a killer party once a year (big bonfire and major live music) as a part of their "ritual". It was a hoot, absolutely crazy.

Maybe you could do something similar, start a "Sheriff's Auxiliary". What do you think?

Another Ahab

That sounds complicated for getting a generator - I guess I just like having friends [thumbzup]
I hear you:

- I always wanted one of those Model 500 Mossbergs with the 14" barrel

- But: "sold only to Law Enforcement"

Guess I got to follow your lead (if I decide I really want one), and go make some friends!

Wait a minute; plumb lost track...what was the OP here again?

Last edited:

61sleepercab

I traded for a Mossberg 500 12ga. with 16" short barrel and adjustable stock. With high brass 23/4 shells it kills at both ends being so light. It kicked like a bank mule and sheared off the shell holder plastic rivets . An AR butt stock cushion and a shotgun rubber cushion now occupy the killing stock. I intend to load some varmint mixed shot with medium power for in home target practice. I say shoot one before you buy one. (I still own mine)

Another Ahab

I traded for a Mossberg 500 12ga. with 16" short barrel and adjustable stock. With high brass 23/4 shells it kills at both ends being so light. It kicked like a bank mule and sheared off the shell holder plastic rivets . An AR butt stock cushion and a shotgun rubber cushion now occupy the killing stock. I intend to load some varmint mixed shot with medium power for in home target practice. I say shoot one before you buy one. (I still own mine)
Good point, sleepercab; I didn't think about that. But I sure wanted one bad.

You know how it is: no real good reason; just wanted it.

Dang; I keep forgetting, WHAT was the OP here?

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, finally got the back door dead bolt lock squared away. Added a reinforcement plate to the inside of the door, the inner door panel sheet metal is quite thin. Considered using carriage bolts through the door for better security, but I like the clean look on the outside. Wanted to mount the lock above the handle for when I add the rear deck, but is a long reach from the ground. Maybe someday, after deck/porch is in place. Also cut off the padlock tang from the outside handle so someone cannot lock me in.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Ok, finally got the back door dead bolt lock squared away. Added a reinforcement plate to the inside of the door, the inner door panel sheet metal is quite thin. Considered using carriage bolts through the door for better security, but I like the clean look on the outside. Wanted to mount the lock above the handle for when I add the rear deck, but is a long reach from the ground. Maybe someday, after deck/porch is in place. Also cut off the padlock tang from the outside handle so someone cannot lock me in.
Now THAT is thinking ahead; brilliant:

- A man of wisdom!

murphyslaw_front.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks