• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feel like I got a decent amount done today even with half a day to do it. Ospho'ed the roof panels for the deck, then got them primed. Got the deck side plates cut and installed. Started on the roof framing, got two bow corners mocked up with some aluminum square tubing. Put that up across the rear to see how it looks. Am pleased with the result. Will be two more like it, one near the back of the box and one more or less in the center. I want the screen door to be 24", so the center support will be about an inch and a half forward of center. More to do tomorrow. Yippie. Ugg.

Attachments

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're going to enclose it; I got it now! I was impressed enough with it as an open sitting platform.

You probably mentioned the screened enclosure earlier but I foolishly plumb missed that:

Yes AA, mentioned it a good while back. Will be roofed, and screened with a screen door opening inward at the stairs. The screen on the sides will be covered on the exterior with aluminum expanded metal. Eventually will also have roll down canvas too. Planning on some open shelves for large items suck as chairs, cooler etc. Inverter generator will be mounted on the left rear corner. A lot to do yet.

Another Ahab

You're going to enclose it; I got it now! I was impressed enough with it as an open sitting platform.

You probably mentioned the screened enclosure earlier but I foolishly plumb missed that:

Yes AA, mentioned it a good while back. Will be roofed, and screened with a screen door opening inward at the stairs. The screen on the sides will be covered on the exterior with aluminum expanded metal. Eventually will also have roll down canvas too. Planning on some open shelves for large items suck as chairs, cooler etc. Inverter generator will be mounted on the left rear corner. A lot to do yet.
That is going to be one great feature for sure. Might be where you end up spending most of your time.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got rained out today, so didn't get as much done. Did set up another bow frame and cross bar, still a lot to do. Also still tinkering with my trailer light set up, had a bad converter box, swapped that out, now it gives me brake lights for awhile after everything is turned off. The saga continues...

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much to show for 10 days in a row, but did get some stuff done. Was able to find two more corner bows courtesy of FloridaAKM ( thanks !) and finish fabbing up the roof supports. Got that finalized and tied in, started on the roof sheet metal install. Used the panels I had removed from the interior ceiling awhile back. Had to modify the curve a bit in my sheet metal brake, worked out fairly well. Used the foil type roof patch strips and then metal roof coating to seal the seams.

Attachments

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then I made a single pivot point to tie in to the rear of the box. Wanted it to be able to pivot a bit if needed. I figured with the springs I used in the frame mounts, that I should allow for some movement. Cut the vent hole for the hot water heater and installed the heater for good. Also dried in the gap between the roof and the body. The sides will be canvas for that gap where it shows. Did the rough framing for the screen door and also made one screen to see what it looked like.

Attachments

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made good progress the last three days. Had some aluminum expanded metal custom cut by the metal shop. Got that painted and installed on the exterior for screen protection. Also had some cut for shelving, yet to be installed. Got most of the screens installed as well. Still need to screen the lower rear panel, box stores don't have a small amount in the width I need. Screen door yet to be made. Did get the assist handle relocated. I like how it folds around to the back out of the way. Still need to install the rear upper filler panel, the side boots and the ceiling panels.

P.S. I'm over trying to repost pics that rotate on their own. So sorry, not gonna even try to fix it. Been doing this for the last several posts.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Iam jealous , winter rallye here is in 4 foot of snow at 40 below, , but winter only last 7 months, gets over in JUNE
I got a buddy who used to live in Vermont (in Montana now), who told me once there were only three months up there:

- June, July, and Winter

But then Vermont isn't New Hampshire now, is it?!

35F/ 2C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks