• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty much finished the deck today. Couple of minor trim strips left. Had to change out my 4x4 wood supports, needed several more inches longer. Since the box is spring bolt mounted, decided to do the same with the deck bolts. So I used Ford V-8 valve springs to allow some give for chassis flex. Had to do some trimming and cleanup on the aluminum ramp material before final assembly. Installe some weatherstripping at the box joint and used metal sealer on the seam between the panels.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One big project now done is mounting the boarding ladder to the deck. It now hinges up and will eventually be secured in the up position by the screen door frame. Nice and sturdy, no more stowing it for travel. Will also have a handrail when finished.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slow progress today but did get some items taken care of. Still waiting on my 105 bows for my roof framing, got lost in the mail. Jeez. I got all of the luck, just not much of it is good. Will be trailering my Polaris Ranger to the Feb. Military show so I needed to get the trailer wiring on the truck in order. Still need to finish splicing it all in and procuring a few more 24 volt relays. So at least I got the stock connector relocated as well as a dual civi connector with a 7 way and a 4 way installed. Also installed a couple of rubber loading dock style bumpers to extend the bumperettes a bit since my deck was right at the end of them. Also mocked up the tool box under the left rear of the deck to see how that is going to work.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grief, man I am getting slow. Took me all day to do two tasks. Installed a shelf in the new undermount tool box and put in foam liners. That took about an hour. Blew the rest of the day wiring up the relay bar for the trailer wiring, and didn't even finish! Ugg. Amazing how complicated it is to have three trailer configurations with two voltages. Plus I have rewired the truck rear lighting for separate turn signals, so that required two converters to work around that. Once ( if ) finished, will have the wiring set up through one connector for my 105 with separate amber signals like the truck, another connector for a stock 105 trailer, and also civi 7 way and 4 way connectors. Will eventually have a charge wire and electric brake setup for the 7 way as well.

Attachments

Another Ahab

That took about an hour. Blew the rest of the day wiring up the relay bar for the trailer wiring, and didn't even finish! Ugg. Amazing how complicated it is to have three trailer configurations with two voltages. Plus I have rewired the truck rear lighting for separate turn signals, so that required two converters to work around that. .
Are the trailers all MV's?

Because you'd think Uncle Sam might have taken that into consideration for maintenance standardization (and you know, being a taxpayer, how about cost-efficiency, too), but maybe I'm off-base here.

Jakelc15

Uncle did make them all the same. It's the civi trailers and DOT requirements that require the additional connections. And then there's electric brakes!

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the trailers all MV's?

Because you'd think Uncle Sam might have taken that into consideration for maintenance standardization (and you know, being a taxpayer, how about cost-efficiency, too), but maybe I'm off-base here.
No, one civi. But since a wanted separate amber rear turn signals on the truck and the 105, adds considerable extra circuits. Have to have two lamp converters to make it all work. And 7 relays to deal with the dual voltages. Ugg.