• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

m109a2

I call myself m109a2, weird story M35a2w/w with 109a3 box on a m35a2 frame with a mated 105 tie in (Neil Hendricks rig) I am so proud to own this rig ,And meet some great guys.Al

zout

M109A2 how do you like that ladder going to the roof of the box - there are only two others ones like it. I made that for Neil and we installed it at the Ga Rally a few years ago - after putting it on we climbed to the roof and sat and had a aerial view of the rally sucking on some brews - PRICELESS.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Long busy day again today. Cool out but at least no 30+ mph winds like Saturday. Had a friend come over and help put up the ceiling boards. Still difficult but at least doable. Got two coats of paint on as well. Also installed a peep hole on the rear door.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well didn't get as far as I had hoped today, but did get some done. Shimmed outlets and installed cover plates, got the bathroom walls framed in, wall board on and first coat of paint. Also had some moral support when RAYZER stopped by for an inspection. He is the last word on bathroom builds. [thumbzup]

Attachments

Another Ahab

I think I would have opted for light gauge framing (and "screwed it all up" so to speak), but liking the t-straps, and angle straps in the wood framing. That was a great idea.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I would have opted for light gauge framing (and "screwed it all up" so to speak), but liking the t-straps, and angle straps in the wood framing. That was a great idea.
Used several 2x4's in that wall because the flat screen will be hanging on it. Also the tub/shower will be on the other side, don't want to fall through the wall!

61sleepercab

One thing I did in my house was to back up drywall or paneling walls with plywood in areas where I could mount anything anywhere. Handy for hanging pictures,shelves etc. I can't wait to see your plumbing and tank locations. I am leaching ideas off of your build. I plan a semi dry camper build with water and sink with porta pottie so far.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing I did in my house was to back up drywall or paneling walls with plywood in areas where I could mount anything anywhere. Handy for hanging pictures,shelves etc. I can't wait to see your plumbing and tank locations. I am leaching ideas off of your build. I plan a semi dry camper build with water and sink with porta pottie so far.

No tanks yet, will be awhile for that. Self contained john for now. I'm installing extra studs for mounting items.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting some more partition walls up this am. The closet/drawer space is now framed and wall board on. Paint is next. Just a note so you all know the sequence of what I'm doing. I am doing a quick temparary interior build so I can stay in the truck this weekend for a Rally. Everything that is attached to the floor will be removed, partition walls, lower cabinets, counters, fridge, AC unit, john, bed, etc. The floor will be getting ripped up, metal subfloor repaired, insulated and plywood laid down as a replacement. Not sure yet what the finish floor will be. After that is done, then plumbing can be installed.

Attachments