• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-72M1 Finally Made It!

Augdog1964

Hey all!

Well after almost 2 years, she's finally home! Czech T-72M1 arrived day before yesterday... beautiful tank, and fantastic shape. This is a mean sounding machine... the supercharger really adds a neat exhaust note! 46 tons, 700+ V12 Diesel horsepower... nothing quite like it.

Pics attached... enjoy!

T-72M1 on truck.jpgT-72M1 front.jpgT-72M1 behind.jpg

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is phenomenal. What a score. Got any video to share the sound of that mean machine?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the cover of the Dudley Moore classic movie, "Arthur" said what I am thinking best:

"Hey brother, can you spare $750,000,000?" :(

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Awesome piece of machinery,You have some very expensive toys.I would be happy to get my m548 running,let alone a tank.Nice collection.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you drive it over to Quaker Steak and Lube?

:)

Nice looking armor.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just letting you know, it's illegal to re-manufacture the main gun on that tank.

But turning it into a one-of-a-kind flamethrower tank, that's perfectly legal!

Augdog1964

Just letting you know, it's illegal to re-manufacture the main gun on that tank.

But turning it into a one-of-a-kind flamethrower tank, that's perfectly legal!
Actually its not illegal, it just has to be registered as a Destructive Device... it would also be pretty much impossible, as it would require a totally new barrel to be made for it... 125mm is hard to build in budget!! LOL

Shipping on a 46 ton, 11 foot wide plus truck wasn't cheap... Baltimore to Indiana was over $10k... the boat ride from Hamburg to Baltimore was $7k, the truck ride from Prague to Hamburg was $5k. Not cheap, but worth it in the end.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, if I close my eyes and concentrate I think I can hear it running from over here.

Nice

I noticed the two gensets you have for sale in the background. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks