• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-72M1 Finally Made It!

Augdog1964

Hey all!

Well after almost 2 years, she's finally home! Czech T-72M1 arrived day before yesterday... beautiful tank, and fantastic shape. This is a mean sounding machine... the supercharger really adds a neat exhaust note! 46 tons, 700+ V12 Diesel horsepower... nothing quite like it.

Pics attached... enjoy!

T-72M1 on truck.jpgT-72M1 front.jpgT-72M1 behind.jpg

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is phenomenal. What a score. Got any video to share the sound of that mean machine?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the cover of the Dudley Moore classic movie, "Arthur" said what I am thinking best:

"Hey brother, can you spare $750,000,000?" :(

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Awesome piece of machinery,You have some very expensive toys.I would be happy to get my m548 running,let alone a tank.Nice collection.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you drive it over to Quaker Steak and Lube?

:)

Nice looking armor.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just letting you know, it's illegal to re-manufacture the main gun on that tank.

But turning it into a one-of-a-kind flamethrower tank, that's perfectly legal!

Augdog1964

Just letting you know, it's illegal to re-manufacture the main gun on that tank.

But turning it into a one-of-a-kind flamethrower tank, that's perfectly legal!
Actually its not illegal, it just has to be registered as a Destructive Device... it would also be pretty much impossible, as it would require a totally new barrel to be made for it... 125mm is hard to build in budget!! LOL

Shipping on a 46 ton, 11 foot wide plus truck wasn't cheap... Baltimore to Indiana was over $10k... the boat ride from Hamburg to Baltimore was $7k, the truck ride from Prague to Hamburg was $5k. Not cheap, but worth it in the end.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, if I close my eyes and concentrate I think I can hear it running from over here.

Nice

I noticed the two gensets you have for sale in the background. :)