• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tailgate question

Sportsmanfromkc

Anybody know if a suburban tailgate is the same size as a blazer tailgate? Is it possible to rig up the split tailgate style from a suburban onto a blazer? Just seems like the 1 piece tailgates have lots of issues.

My other question is, what is a good company for a replacment tailgate if above mentioned would not work? Need to get this fixed soon so i dont get snowed on. If anyone around kansas city has one for cheep please PM me. Thanks guys

Sportsmanfromkc

Ok, I answered one of my questions. According to a post on a different forum the suburban tailgate is taller and the glass is shorter. Now any help with part 2 of this would be great.

Thanks guys.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know if a suburban tailgate is the same size as a blazer tailgate? Is it possible to rig up the split tailgate style from a suburban onto a blazer? Just seems like the 1 piece tailgates have lots of issues.

My other question is, what is a good company for a replacment tailgate if above mentioned would not work? Need to get this fixed soon so i dont get snowed on. If anyone around kansas city has one for cheep please PM me. Thanks guys

The single piece tailgate from a civvy blazer is the same. Many members have installed the power window tailgates for ease of operation.

The barndoor burbs use an entirely different setup and will not work witout major work. The tailgate version will also need modification.

Last edited:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The single piece tailgate from a civvy blazer or suburban is the same. Many members have installed the power window tailgates for ease of operation.

The barndoor burbs use an entirely different setup and will not work witout major work.
A suburban tailgate flares up on the ends to meet the body, while the Blazer is flat.

A civvy Blazer tailgate will work fine (including electric window versions, as you point out), but not a Suburban version. At least, not the Suburban tailgate I bought for this exact purpose some years back...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A suburban tailgate flares up on the ends to meet the body, while the Blazer is flat.

A civvy Blazer tailgate will work fine (including electric window versions, as you point out), but not a Suburban version. At least, not the Suburban tailgate I bought for this exact purpose some years back...
I should learn to not type without my morning cafeine.

You are correct. I was going by what some other SS members have said. I just went out and looked at the two and the Burb tailgate will not fit without modifcation.

salt6

If you want new check around, there are some deals out there. You'll still need all the rest of the parts or a donar tailgate.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks