• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking home a KraZ 214b - need some help finding front axle shafts

Skull Crusher

Got something done: cut the ham shaft end with the heim joint and machined it to fit the original Kraz steering fork; made the orbital valve support and the steering column bushing; made the orbital valve to steering column coupling.

Well...it´s a slow move, but some progress :)

20150324_114117.jpg20150324_113117.jpg20150324_114053.jpg20150324_114043.jpg20150324_114032.jpg20150324_114026.jpg20150324_113250.jpg20150324_113231.jpg20150324_113148.jpg20150324_113125.jpg

Another Ahab

Got something done: cut the ham shaft end with the heim joint and machined it to fit the original Kraz steering fork; made the orbital valve support and the steering column bushing; made the orbital valve to steering column coupling.
You know what you're doing Skull Crusher. You don't kid around; impressive!

Another Ahab

Thanks, Ahab!

The more I do, the more the truck has things to touch up...:beer:....but you know, it's a worth time thing in the end.

What about you? Dove in another project?

A big hug!
There is no MV project for me now. My activity at the moment is just "keeping pace"; plugging-and-chugging.

And no hug ever led to harm in my experience. There can never be too many hugs in the world. A big hug right back at you, Skull Crusher!

Skull Crusher

There is no MV project for me now. My activity at the moment is just "keeping pace"; plugging-and-chugging.

And no hug ever led to harm in my experience. There can never be too many hugs in the world. A big hug right back at you, Skull Crusher!
That´s right, Ahab!

I agree with you!

I hope everything always goes fine to you, your family, friends, business and also the other MVs you are going to have in the future!

Another Ahab

That´s right, Ahab!

I agree with you!

I hope everything always goes fine to you, your family, friends, business and also the other MVs you are going to have in the future!
Thank you, Skull Crusher; and I send equally good wishes to you also.

And Yes, one never knows:

- Do one!?

Maybe something Russian, like your beautiful brute!

crystal ball II.jpg

Last edited:

Skull Crusher

Thank you, Skull Crusher; and I send equally good wishes to you also.

And Yes, one never knows:

- Do one!?

Maybe something Russian, like your beautiful brute!

View attachment 550800
Yes, Ahab! For the one who believes in himself, everything can be done and achieved! [thumbzup]

And one day if you come around South America, you are welcome to come to my home to enjoy a BBQ and to spend a nice time around!

Another Ahab

Yes, Ahab! For the one who believes in himself, everything can be done and achieved! [thumbzup]

And one day if you come around South America, you are welcome to come to my home to enjoy a BBQ and to spend a nice time around!
Thank you, Skull Crusher, and the offer is reciprocated:

- My oldest daughter had the privilege to visit Rio de Janeiro with a dance company two years ago, and absolutely loved the experience. She mentioned how comfortable she was with the balance between work-and-play she encountered everywhere.

My definition of BBQ starts with the product, here in the States, of North Carolina, (varied, but always pork). I'm curious to know:

- What does BBQ mean to you all in Brazil?

Last edited:

Skull Crusher

Thank you, Skull Crusher, and the offer is reciprocated:

- My oldest daughter had the privilege to visit Rio de Janeiro with a dance company two years ago, and absolutely loved the experience. She mentioned how comfortable she was with the balance between work-and-play she encountered everywhere.

My definition of BBQ starts with the product, here in the States, of North Carolina, here in the States (varied, but always pork-based). I'm curious to know:

So Ahab, for most of us, Brazilians, BBQ usually means mainly bull meat but we also include pork sausages and chicken wings. The bull meat normally is seasoned with salt only (some people enjoy garlic and other stuff, I don't).

Man, by talking of food now as I write my mouth got watered...:jumpin:

Anyway, where some food is, it's always good as much the heart is put through seasoning it....heheheh

By the way, thank you so much for your invitation!

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am moving or relocating the coolant serge tank to the left hand side because of the turbo. There are some that routed a hose across the front of the engine but i have to be different so i am making a copper tube to fit through there. I work on it like a hobby kinda when i feel like it so it is slow going. Lol!

I am sure liking your project!

Another Ahab

My definition of BBQ starts with the product, here in the States, of North Carolina, (varied, but always pork). I'm curious to know:

So Ahab, for most of us, Brazilians, BBQ usually means mainly bull meat but we also include pork sausages and chicken wings. The bull meat normally is seasoned with salt only (some people enjoy garlic and other stuff, I don't).

Man, by talking of food now as I write my mouth got watered...
Me too:

- Bull meat, Pork sausages, and wings, and all

- I got to leave my laptop, and head for the kitchen

You and me, we got a buddy drool going on here right now

drool.jpg

Skull Crusher

Me too:

- Bull meat, Pork sausages, and wings, and all

- I got to leave my laptop, and head for the kitchen

You and me, we got a buddy drool going on here right now

View attachment 552038
Well, I can attest that I drool all the time I see a MV in proper working order:jumpin:hehehe

I'm trying to make mine work too, laying brick by brick till get the wall made. MV enthusiasts must have some of the most elastic mind of all collectors world wide, don't you think?!

Here are some more bricks:

20150410_114430.jpg20150410_114417.jpg20150410_114406.jpg20150410_114400.jpg20150410_114351.jpg20150410_114343.jpg

I apologize by not posting so regularly as me and you all wish but it´s coming along.

When I'm not working on the olive stuff, me and my girl hit the road in order to spend some good time! I hope you all don't get bored with the non MV pics.

A big hug to you all!

20141012_145831.jpg20141012_145810.jpg20141109_131349.jpg20141109_131302.jpg20150111_105113.jpg20150111_105041.jpgIMG-20150129-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:

Skull Crusher

I am moving or relocating the coolant serge tank to the left hand side because of the turbo. There are some that routed a hose across the front of the engine but i have to be different so i am making a copper tube to fit through there. I work on it like a hobby kinda when i feel like it so it is slow going. Lol!

I am sure liking your project!
Thanks Wrench!

I know what you mean by slow progressaua...but we get there!

When you find some time, post some pics of all those mods for us to see them!

Cheers!:beer:

Another Ahab

Here are some more bricks:

View attachment 553829

I apologize by not posting so regularly as me and you all wish but it´s coming along.

When I'm not working on the olive stuff, me and my girl hit the road in order to spend some good time! I hope you all don't get bored with the non MV pics.

A big hug to you all!

View attachment 553834View attachment 553833
Love ALL your pics, Crusher; keep them coming:

- Like how clean and together your work is, and always good documentation in the photos.

- And like your bike; and Big Jack's too. Seems funny to me that you all would have a place called "Big Jack's" in Brazil. Looks like some killer burgers.

- Burgers and Fries, are kind of like salt-and-pepper, or bacon-and-eggs.

Do they serve french fries at Big Jack's, also!?

Skull Crusher

Love ALL your pics, Crusher; keep them coming:

- Like how clean and together your work is, and always good documentation in the photos.

- And like your bike; and Big Jack's too. Seems funny to me that you all would have a place called "Big Jack's" in Brazil. Looks like some killer burgers.

- Burgers and Fries, are kind of like salt-and-pepper, or bacon-and-eggs.

Do they serve french fries at Big Jack's, also!?
Sure they do! :naner:

Those burgers are the best I've ever had! Keep up the good work, Big Jack!

That's one more motive in order to you come down here to visit us!