• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking home a KraZ 214b - need some help finding front axle shafts

Another Ahab

So, it's been a long time since I've posted some stuff overhere...but dispite the snail go, we are strong working on the truck.

View attachment 560856

A big huge to you all!
Cheers back at ya, Skull Crusher. Always love hearing from you. And hope everything is fine with you and your lovely lady-friend!

That's not an everyday-kind of bed you got there for the Kraz (which is looking completely awesome, by the way).

It looks like it was designed for some specific hauling; do you know what it is that's meant to load onto that thing?

bed.jpg

Skull Crusher

Cheers back at ya, Skull Crusher. Always love hearing from you. And hope everything is fine with you and your lovely lady-friend!

That's not an everyday-kind of bed you got there for the Kraz (which is looking completely awesome, by the way).

It looks like it was designed for some specific hauling; do you know what it is that's meant to load onto that thing?

View attachment 560865
Hello up there, Ahab!

I'm fine and my girl too, thanks! I hope all is fine with you and your beloved ones!

Yes, that bed is unusual for most of our MV rigs. It's a bed for pontoon transportation.

800px-PMP-Pontoon-Bridge-latrun-1.jpg800px-PMP-Pontoon-Bridge-latrun-2.jpg

My KrAZ is waiting for some components like clutch master and slave cylinders, air brake pedal valve, radiator and some stuff. We took the bed of cause I will not use it anymore. I intend to build a flatbed to make it more useful and also to carry a container (going to put my workshop inside of it).

Me and my girl are going to immigrate to Canada in 5 to 10 years and we plan to use 2 containers, 1 for the workshop and 1 for the house I intend to build for us.

Can you or someone else help me out with some ideas, tips and all?

Thanks a lot for the friendship I've found here at SS!

Another Ahab

View attachment 561013
I intend to build a flatbed to make it more useful and also to carry a container (going to put my workshop inside of it).

Me and my girl are going to immigrate to Canada in 5 to 10 years and we plan to use 2 containers, 1 for the workshop and 1 for the house I intend to build for us.

Can you or someone else help me out with some ideas, tips and all?

I got an idea, Skull Crusher:

- Turn that pontoon into a workshop (adapt and re-use), and keep the original truck-bed for its transportation. Just add a door to it somewhere and figure out the rest.

- And consider building your new quarters in the Great North Country out of conex boxes.

Think out-of-the-box by thinking in the box. How about that; what do you think!?

conex II.jpg conex I.jpg

Last edited:

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Skull.
How is your project coming along? Mine is kind of stale mated I am work on another project while the grass is green ( doing some welding; building a lean 2 to park waiting projects in) LOL

Skull Crusher

Hello Skull.
How is your project coming along? Mine is kind of stale mated I am work on another project while the grass is green ( doing some welding; building a lean 2 to park waiting projects in) LOL
Hi there, Wrench!

I hope you are doing fine! Can you post some pics of your build, please? I really would like to see it!

I know it´s been a long time since I don't post any messages and pics....life can become so weird sometimes...

But, here I am with some more news:

- alternator support done;
- master and slave clutch cylinders are in their locations now;
- trying to figure out where to put the air valve to make brakes work properly;
- waiting for the new radiator to come by in order to install it.

Here are some pics...

20150706_114000.jpg20150706_114510.jpg20150706_114318.jpg20150706_114306.jpg20150706_114159.jpg20150706_114142.jpg20150706_114118.jpg20150706_114058.jpg20150706_114012.jpg20150706_114521.jpg

A big hug to you all, friends!

Another Ahab

But, here I am with some more news:
What's always great about your work, Skull Crusher, is how clean and professional it is. Photos of your progress are always a treat.

What's the story on the bike:

- It's got a Harley look to it, but the saddle and a few features would seem to rule that out. What do you have there?

Bike.jpg

Last edited:

Skull Crusher

Hi there, Great Friend Ahab!

It's always great hearing from you!

Thanks for the compliments!

More pics of the Kraz to come!

My bike is a Fat Bob Dyna 2014, with Willie G. SKULL covers, front light has been modified to a Low Rider headlight. The saddle is Fat Bob original, with an aftermarket sissy bar and a bag from Kuriakyn. Seus got a Fuelpak and V & H exausts. Anyway she is a H-D Dyna.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Thanks, Ahab!

Yes, is's a fat one indeed!

What about you? What have you been doing all this time? Is everything going fine with you and your family?

Cheers from the woods down here!
I owned a nice bike back years ago, BMW R50/2 with drive shaft and it was all German precision; a great machine.

News here now is the rain:

- 2.75" (70 mm) of rain in D.C. so far today already breaking the daily record of 2.59" (66 mm) set in 1881.

It's some kind of wet around here.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have started my thread here is the title I will keep adding stuff as time goes along. I started it from the beginning[h=2]
Wrenchturner's M931 build[/h]

Skull Crusher

I owned a nice bike back years ago, BMW R50/2 with drive shaft and it was all German precision; a great machine.

News here now is the rain:

- 2.75" (70 mm) of rain in D.C. so far today already breaking the daily record of 2.59" (66 mm) set in 1881.

It's some kind of wet around here.
Yeah Ahab, she is a **** of a bike! I rode one once, liked a lot, gobs of torque for a 500cc!

Here too were are getting a not so dry winter...a boring and cold rain is coming along those past days...

Skull Crusher

Here are some news:

- radiator finally came in;
- also came all hoses and stuff;

Now it's time to install the radiator, buiding some brackets and stuff to hold it in its place.

Here are the pics, I hope you enjoy, Brothers!

Cheers!

20150713_111721.jpg20150713_111714.jpg20150713_111733.jpg20150713_111746.jpg20150713_111756.jpg20150713_111805.jpg20150713_112107.jpg20150713_112120.jpg20150713_112133.jpg

Skull Crusher

Well, things got faster this week. ..

- the air brake pieces showed off and got installed.

Lets see what I can come off with...

Thanks a lot for your support, Friend hipertensão and nice words all the time!

Another Ahab

Here's what it is about your work Skull Crusher:

- It always looks so perfectly executed, and like it was all simple and easy.

- I never picture you busting' knuckles, or swearing any blue streak of frustration.

All this might just be in my imagination, but your excellent photos always lend that kind of impression.

Nothing ever seems to be a problem, and everything works (and fits). It's great. I love your stuff. [thumbzup]

Skull Crusher

Here's what it is about your work Skull Crusher:

- It always looks so perfectly executed, and like it was all simple and easy.

- I never picture you busting' knuckles, or swearing any blue streak of frustration.

All this might just be in my imagination, but your excellent photos always lend that kind of impression.

Nothing ever seems to be a problem, and everything works (and fits). It's great. I love your stuff. [thumbzup]
I have no words to say about your own words!

Despite the distance I thank you so much for sharing the passion about MVs and well built stuff!

I do what I can, never losing the faith about what I am into. Sometimes I get obstacles as everyone but keep going as most does too. We are human being thus we march on.

I really miss your build, that truck was an inspiration for my build, the quality of your work keeps scores high!

Pray for me, Buddy in order for me and my girl to move up to Canada. By doing so, I will find a way to meet you and Wrench, to talk about life stuff, have some BBQs and drink wine/beer (I'm a wine guy), share knowledge and laugh a lot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks