• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tank hull for sale locally, maybe a M551?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion the most important person to impress and give joy to is your 3-year old. If it accomplishes that, it's worth whatever you paid for it, and however much work you choose to put into it. Who cares if it's not really a tank, it can be a cool toy.... just my 2cents

As an example of where you could go with something like this, the vehicle in the attached picture started life as a postal jeep.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion the most important person to impress and give joy to is your 3-year old. If it accomplishes that, it's worth whatever you paid for it, and however much work you choose to put into it. Who cares if it's not really a tank, it can be a cool toy.... just my 2cents

As an example of where you could go with something like this, the vehicle in the attached picture started life as a postal jeep.

Cheers
no wonder my snail mail never gets to me. Must be in that jeep....

very cool use of a dj

Foxtrot Oscar

It wears the symbols representing a Breast Cancer "Survivor" in Pics 1,2,3,&5 at least. It therefore may have been a 'parade' or 'fundraiser' display item. For the BC connection alone, I respect you for saving it as my partner is also a "Survivor".
If you can make use of it for positive 'good', in any way, then all power to you sir.

waayfast

It wears the symbols representing a Breast Cancer "Survivor" in Pics 1,2,3,&5 at least. It therefore may have been a 'parade' or 'fundraiser' display item. For the BC connection alone, I respect you for saving it as my partner is also a "Survivor".
If you can make use of it for positive 'good', in any way, then all power to you sir.

The O.P. has something fun and unique in this "tank". The kids will love it- that's the most important thing- they are only kids once. Gotta seize the moment.

I wondered about the color and sure enough it appears there is a Breast cancer connection.

And I too respect your decision to save it. My girlfriend died 11/03/16 of breast cancer and that pink tank is pretty dang cool. I guarantee Shawn would have approved.

Maybe Gandalf23 could find the running gear from an old Cletrac HG42 / Oliver C3 and with enough quality torch and BFH time, could get it powered up. Put some wood or rubber pads on the tracks and head for the nearest parade. I have some Cletracs here so if you get interested in that I can get you some measurements , photos and info to help you to see if that would be do-able.

Jim

gandalf23

My brother-in-law wants me to convert it to wheels, but I'd rather put tracks back on her (since she's pink we've taken to calling her Helen Heels [**** in Heels, get it] ). I'm trying to get more info from the previous owner, but so far have not gotten anything. Would like to know what it was originally, I think they took a tracked vehicle and converted it, but maybe it was a ground up fabrication. Either way, would like to know what they used for the running gear and transmission and engine.

Oh, and the previous owner's friend s painted her pink and drove her around to various breast cancer fundraisers. $5 for a picture with the tank. They raised $1500 at the last gig, so I'm told. I let them know that until I paint it and start fixing it up, they are welcome to borrow her for similar events. My mom is a survivor, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks