• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tap talk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys could always use a computer.

Csm Davis

I just think it's funny that it works fine on every other forum that I am on. And has been fine here for a long time. Now after ss goes down for a week I am having problems. That was the only thing that changed I didn't update tapatalk until after I was having problems with the ss forum and it is still the only forum that is giving me problems

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just think it's funny that it works fine on every other forum that I am on. And has been fine here for a long time. Now after ss goes down for a week I am having problems. That was the only thing that changed I didn't update tapatalk until after I was having problems with the ss forum and it is still the only forum that is giving me problems
Have you changed the image settings on tapatalk? It will not work on uploads until that's done.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have no problems. If you hover over that image for a second from a desktop, you'll see it came from tapatalk as well.

Csm Davis

But not if I am using the quick reply at the bottom of my screen and click the add button, it takes me to a reply screen but when I pick where to get my photo from it pops up and says [this feature has been disabled by your forum administrator.]

Csm Davis

Please Drew I guess I am stupid but I have looked at all my settings and do not see the setting you are referring to the Android version doesn't look like what was posted above and why would it only be on this forum?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I posted that image from tapatalk on a android phone and have been able to for some time. I have no control over how tapatalk codes their software or how it might behave on multiple devices.

Csm Davis

I just want you to tell me where to change the setting that you speak of and I do understand that you don't run taptalk but find it odd that it is not doing this on any other forums and I do appreciate your time spent trying to help us old farts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something else changed after the server issue, for me. Worked before, not now.

Welder Sam

Don't use the quick reply line. Follow the 3 dots In the top right corner. No options are given until you see where it says attachment. Even at that, I'm not sure its an option..

This is the step by step that worked for me and my device.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Something else changed after the server issue, for me. Worked before, not now.
The servers IP changed, remove and reinstall tapatalk or the forum listing is all I can suggest on a third party application that I have no control of.

The very same files were moved from the old server to the new one. The database as well.

I know everyone thinks I'm passing the buck, but tapatalk has no extra configuration on the server/forum outside the basic interface file. Without that file, it wouldn't work at all.

I cannot speak to tapatalks programming, but I could speculate that with the dns update perhaps some devices are cached to the old server IP. Again since I have zero control over anyone's tapatalk app or phone, removing and reinstalling is the best answer I can give. Hope everyone manages to work through this issue. I know reckless contacted me off the forum and a R&R fixed him not connecting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks