• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tell me about this M342A2

greenjeepster

Not in Tennessee....I registered a winch deuce last week with Tennessee antique plates...The cost was $27 for the lifetime of the vehicle.....No renewals ever needed and no hidden "wheel taxes"...

Insurance through Farm Bureau was $127 for the year...

We have antique plates on five of our vehicles and have for years, (Corvette, 1971 Cutlass, etc).
He can do the same thing in VT for 16.00 I think, but then the vehicle is useless for anything but parades. Some of us use these trucks for things:wink:

I being from Vermont originally was just putting the registration fee into perspective for him. Here in KY we have to pay the county, the state, the school district and god only knows who all else in order to keep our cars registered.... It costs us 305.00 for the civic and 257.00 for the Jeep this year. What does it cost you per year in Tenn. to keep plates on your daily driver?

fasttruck

Item on floor is a Monarch brand "electro-lift" snow plow motor-pump unit. usually things this size are found in m37s and m38s as the plows typically hung on larger trucks exceed their capacity. if it is 24v then that is a real curiosity in its own right. Water tank use may imply dump body no longer dumps. Then you have an exotic cargo truck and nothing more.

Sevensteps

He can do the same thing in VT for 16.00 I think, but then the vehicle is useless for anything but parades. Some of us use these trucks for things:wink:

I being from Vermont originally was just putting the registration fee into perspective for him. Here in KY we have to pay the county, the state, the school district and god only knows who all else in order to keep our cars registered.... It costs us 305.00 for the civic and 257.00 for the Jeep this year. What does it cost you per year in Tenn. to keep plates on your daily driver?
Well, all state antique vehicle statutes are not created equally... Tennessee's was much more restrictive until last year...That's when the new state legislature poked so many ambiguous holes in the old law, that you can basically drive a plated antique vehicle anywhere at any time for any reason..

Our daily driver vehicles are $25 a year to renew...However, my wife drives a restored 1979 baby blue Ford Fairmont as her daily driver. It has had a permanent $27 antique plate on it since 1999....

conductorx

i just bought this truck but haven't seen it other than pictures, its supposed to run and was used by a township in pa to water some roads in summer for dust control,
Looks like it is pretty much wasted, you should just let me come and take it off your hands so you don't have to worry about it.

Just Kidding of course. :-D M34 is from WWII correct?

Gary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks