• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tennessee Members, sign in.

TenGAUGE

Check out LBL (Land Between the Lake - Turkey Bay) plenty of oppurtunities there to off road.
I sent you a PM with the guys I ride with, we all worked together for several years. We are planning a few trips to other places in TN

jedawson1

I am building a list of TN members, private message me your info
name, city, zip, e-mail or phone #, and what MV you own/drive.

I have 14 SS's on the list so far and have reached out to the knoville group and the Nashville group. I think it is reasonable to attempt a rally summer of 2013. Land Between the Lakes is looking like the most central spot right now.

jedawson1

Attn: TN members. I recevied an invite to all TN SS members to an event in September.
the invite is from our Knoxville group Gary Henderson of "The Knoxville Military Vehicle Club" He replied with the following:
I am sure some in our group would like to meet some other vehicle owners somewhere in the future. One thing we do every Sept is the group camp at Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls which is more like a boy scout camp, small cabins ( bunk beds, one electric outlet , screened windows and door ), shower houses, and large mess hall for $120 per night. Might be a good place for a gathering. We will be there Sept 7/8 leaving the 9th. If you have no plans think on joining us and check it out. This is a family event so there will be wives and children present. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I will e-mail each of you who have already sent me your e-mails. I will do my best to attend this event and meet more MV owners in TN, and perhaps boost support for a Statewide rally next spring or summer.

Xed

Plenty of places to off road and camp around manchester, woods reservoir, the unused sections of AEDC(most of the bubba truckers here go out that way and its perfectly legal).

BTW PM sent with my info, I don't have any MV's yet but i have a Cummins powered dodge with a banks kit in it.

jedawson1

Hi Dwight,
I am waiting to hear back from Gary Henderson of the Knoxville MV club on the rate. I do know it is $120 per cabin, now I am confirming if it is per night or $120 for the weekend. Also I have asked tennmogger about food to see if we need money for a mess tent or if we need to bring our own rations. I do know fall creek falls has a great general store for supplies. Lets hope this heat wave is gone by September.

Thanks
Jedawson

Southerneze

Jedawson,
We have the smaller 100 person group camp# I Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls: Lodging. It has 19 small cabins with 3 bath houses and a mess hall. We just split the cost by the # of cabins taken.The rate is $120+tax per night for the entire group camp. They do add $1 per guest after 50 people. Last year it ended up costing $35 per cabin, not too costly for two nights of camping. As for food we all share meals. We have done that in the past, especially breakfast. Some things like bacon and eggs can easily be brought by each of us and pitched in for breakfast. We share cooking duty, and cleanup duty. Some like the Friday night seafood buffet at the lodge, $22 for all you can eat. Sat. night we cook out so bring something to throw on the grill.
We will have one or 2 Deuces, maybe a couple of Unimogs, 1 HMMWV and a M151 so a Five ton will fit right in.
That weekend is their Mountain Festival, live music, food and vendors so there are other things to do besides sit around the fire,( my favorite thing ).
No booking needed, hope ya can make it.

FYI This is a Tennessee State Park they do have rules, they are listed on their web site. I will say they do like the big trucks coming in.

Gary Henderson
KMVC

68t

You east tn. folk a,int nothing but a bunch of hillbillies, :D just kidding , I was born and raised in east tn. I might go to the show this year, so bring some moonshines from Newport tn. I got 3 halftrack, and ww2 5ton semi

CUCVLOVER

Hey guys.
I am in West tn. Outside of Milan, which is about 40min from Jackson.

If anyone is in my area and see my truck just start hollering I'll stop. Im having trouble posting pics tonight, but its a big green flatbed Cucv so its hard to miss lol.

If you guys still want to have a rally somewhere around here in Tn count me in and probably a buddy or two.

twisted60

Just a quick question, I am thinking of moving to TN with my 5 ton, does TN require a CDL for the 5 ton's ? Also anyone know of land for sale in eastern TN ?
Thanks

68t

I was borned in Habersham tn Its about 50 miles north of Knoxville off of I-75. Yes they made moonshine in the old days, We now live in west tn , small town, michie. next to Shiloh battle grounds. Have you heard of Bufford Pusser, the famous sheriff,Well here where it happened, They use to make moonshine here and kill each other. I retired from the tn, national guard, If you seen huey, blackhawks, apachies and 58d flying around here , that might of been ours, A rally sounds great We need a tn state mv club

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks