• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you to Glenn AKA 91W350

12vctd

Glens beyond nice hes a true friend. He doesnt bull**** you and most of all he cares, he's helped me thru other personal rough patches (**** that was many a sleepless night) and he will always be one of my few very close friends. I am truely blessed to have Glen in my life

JUNKYARDJOHN

People have said for a long time now.. that I'm way to trusting. 99% of people are good, honest & honorable, if given the oportunity to be. Theres a special place in the hereafter for people like GLENN. KUDOS TO YOU MY BROTHER. John

91W350

You guys went and did it now. I slammed the door on my deuce and now I have an enormous headache, you guys got my head so puffed up, it will no longer fit in the cab.

Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words. I have been hosed a few times in life, but I also have been blessed with some very good friends, a few I met here... I will go out of my way to help a stranger.... it may be his turn to help me next time! Besides, how else would you get to see the cool stuff in life?

Coming home from a car show, there was a couple broke down along the road. They had watched the bulk of over a 1000 street rods thunder by, I stopped and it did not take long to see what their problem was! I included a couple of photos of my old 427 Elky, just to prove I have worked on and driven something that was not flat shades of green in my life..... Glen

Attachments

Bighurt

I had a Chinese POS Tire on an 83 Chevy citation that did that...

Alright it may not have been chinese...and I don't live on a dirt road. Picture was taken shortly after spring thaw, which is May...LOL

Can't wait to shake your hand Glen.

:beer:

Attachments

91W350

Hey Jeremy! That looks like it has a double chin! How bad was the tread puffed up? I have seen a lot of tire sidewall bubbles, but nothing like those folks had. I am looking forward to that shake myself! Glen

Bighurt

Hey Jeremy! That looks like it has a double chin! How bad was the tread puffed up? I have seen a lot of tire sidewall bubbles, but nothing like those folks had. I am looking forward to that shake myself! Glen
Mine was the first yours is the second, that I've seen. I know it can happen but I've never worked a tire shop so my exposure is nil.

The tread was fine, in fact I drove her to the tire shop. Rolled the window down just in case she blew up...wanted to her how loud those little tires sound. I've heard truck tires blow from a distance and I was in a school bus when a back tire blew on the highway...sadly nothing happened, to the car tire, the gangster wannabees in the back of the bus disappeared under the seat, hilarious.

And for those who think I was reckless, the tire shop was 3 blocks away max speed limit between the two points is 25 mph.

PM inbound some questions about navigating an old mid-western town...LOL

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the "emotional lift"! Truly inspiring to witness another go above and beyond! Sometimes it's not what we do when others are "watching" but instead, it is what we do when we think we are alone!
God bless you Glen!:driver:
Tony:-D

67_C-30

You guys went and did it now. I slammed the door on my deuce and now I have an enormous headache, you guys got my head so puffed up, it will no longer fit in the cab.

Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words. I have been hosed a few times in life, but I also have been blessed with some very good friends, a few I met here... I will go out of my way to help a stranger.... it may be his turn to help me next time! Besides, how else would you get to see the cool stuff in life?

Coming home from a car show, there was a couple broke down along the road. They had watched the bulk of over a 1000 street rods thunder by, I stopped and it did not take long to see what their problem was! I included a couple of photos of my old 427 Elky, just to prove I have worked on and driven something that was not flat shades of green in my life..... Glen
You sound like me - too many toys! Muscle cars, military trucks, nitro R/C trucks, so forth and so on...;) Nice Elky! I bet you miss that bad boy. I sold my '71 Pontiac GT-37 yesterday. I haven't worked on it since I bought the '69 Camaro SS-396, so I figured it would be better off in the hands of someone who can finish the restoration.

91W350

I had a lot of muscle cars, but the one I miss the most was a 1965 Malibu with an aluminum head 469 I built in it. The car was rust free and in pretty good shape. I never did the body, it was just a nice driver. 468-400-4.11:1 in a light coupe, sure was fun.... I had Corvettes, Trans Ams, Z/28s, Big Block Chevelles and pickups, but that little sleeper was a blast to drive. Used a Performer RPM manifold and a drop air cleaner base to get a big K&N under the stock flat hood. The 3" exhaust pipes at the rear of the fender wells were kind of a give away. We rebuilt the stock arms by plating the bottom and used Urethane bushings. Had a station wagon right rear spring compressed to keep the rear level. It was just a blast to drive.... Oh, I guess I already said that. Glen

Attachments

12vctd

And as a law enforcement officer he never exceeded the speed limit. lol I sure am jealous of all the nice cars, i have mainly built diesels but many sleeper trucks before people understood that a 7k lb truck could run 11's well 11.34. Heck a bobbed duece can run 72mph on the freeway im told lol

Last edited:
Thank you

We are close to square now, the M1009 is in his name. I gained a friend and a lot of knowledge. Many of us have some rough spots in our life's highway, I know I have been there a couple of times myself. I am thankful for this forum through which I have made a few friends. Glen
I am to thankful for this site. Good job Glen! 12vctd glad to see your on your way in getting out of a rough situation. This is indeed a site in which we can help each other.It is "Brotherhood" of good people from all walks of life. Well done Glen. I'm proud to call you my friend!! elkhunter