• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks SS!! 10 years and 11,000+ members!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello SS Family!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your participation in one of the finest MV forums on the net! Never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate that Steel Soldiers would still be around in ten years or that there would be over 11,000 members! I am blown away by the volumes of knowledge contained within this site. We have some of the most MV savvy people in the world here on our forum.

We have certainly experienced some growing pains over the years. We have been through multiple forum software setups, countless site hosts, and many different variations since our inception. Thank you for your patience as we made these transitions.

We have some great moderators here too. Being a mod is sometimes thankless and is never easy. They try to enforce the rules of the site without stepping on too many toes and as you all know, that's is not always possible. So, thanks to our mods!!

One person who has been essential to the success of this site has been Mike aka Mangus580. His knowledge of programming made it much easier for me to turn my dreams into reality. Thanks Mike.

We all get burned out occasionally. I have had a few months away from the site while I started a new job and readied my house for sale. That absence has give me new perspective as well as time for reflection and introspection. My vigor for the success of this site has been renewed and I am going to make a concerted effort to spend more time here growing and developing SS.

To those of you I have not met, I look forward to seeing you at a rally. To those of you I have met and haven't seen in a while, I apologize for neglecting our friendship and look forward to catching up.

So, in closing, I ask that you all take a moment and think about what a great thing we have going here in SS. Please let me or one of the mods know if you have any suggestion for improving it. Also, please make an effort to thank our mods!

This site is nothing without its members. Thanks again for your support and I can't wait to see what exciting changes another 10 years will bring!!

Sincerely,
Chris

dittle

Chris,

We all owe you a big thank you for the idea of starting this forum and going through the pains with it that you have. Without your vision of this site we as a group would not be here.

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a great site, and glad to see you back in action. I feel like an old man around here, I don't even know how many forum changes I've seen. Hardest one was when SS was down for 2 months a couple of years ago.

scooter01922

Nice to see you around the site again Chris. It is simply an honor to belong to the steelsoldiers family. Undoubtedly the BEST site on the internet. Don't know what i would do without it.

Bill W

10 YEARS!!!!
Damn Chris, time flies when your having fun
I'm betting it'll still be here in another 10 years also:wink:
Remember this (old) pic

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Respectful, from the "Far South"....: Congratulations to founder Chris and a big THANKYOU, him and all who followed and made this what it is: a site you want to return every few hours to learn more and have to if you don't want to miss what's new.:grin:

Gerhard

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Chris. If it were not for your site and all the people on it I might never have fulfilled one of my dreams to own a Deuce.

Congratulations on the first ten and here's to the next ten.

sw

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you all very much for your comments!

I really wanted to make the 10th year special by hosting some sort of national event, but personal stuff got in the way. Hopefully, I'll get something put together in the next few years. In the meantime, we have had some fantastic regional rallies sprout up around the country. I am VERY proud of our members for having the drive and initiative to organize these events. Nobody was asked to do it, they just did it out of their love for the group and for MV's.

Now, go pat yourselves on the back!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Chris for starting this ball rolling, and to all of the behind-the-scenes folks who help keep the place going.

I have "met" some really great people on here, whom I would have never known were it not for this forum. I use the term "met" since I wouldn't recognize most of you if we passed on the street.
One bad thing about living in the middle of Texas is that the only place anywhere close is more Texas, maybe one day I will make it to one of the rallies and meet more of you in person.

The willingness of members to help each other out is just fantastic, never ceases to amaze me.

So, cheers to all of you! :beer:

ps I want to see how many posts Kenny has in 10 years...:shock:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
maybe one day I will make it to one of the rallies and meet more of you in person.
The Ga. Rally is only 1,049 miles from you, one way. We have had at least 3 people who traveled roughly that far in the last 2 years and one of them was in a Deuce!

Why don't you be the 4th? :-D

Armada

SALUTE!! :beer:
Easy anniversary to remember, same day as my B-day! Hope we're all still around in another ten years! I was just thinking the other day of how many people are on at a single time now. 100 +/- is the norm. I remember back when there would only be 10 or so online at a time. Glad to be a part of this community!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chris thanks for creating something that was not in my life before. My sons and I enjoy this family hobby, and anything that brings a family together is a good thing. I have met great people here that I would of never met (Dave AKA Armyman30+), is a prime example of how your site has touched so many. Our moderators are like supervisors who have a tough and thankless job, but without them we would turn into a "bash the state" site. Thanks guys for giving us a safe site to visit and meet new and helpful people. Once again, Happy 10th Birthday SS and thanks to all who make this such a hospitable place to hang out...

Elwenil

Wow, 10 years? Chris, I take it that is since the Yahoo group? I can't remember when I joined up. I know it was after the site was up. I think I lost some time on my sign up date during one of the forum changes, lol. Seems like I've been here forever, lol. As with everyone else, I'd like to add my thanks to you and Mike and all the other mods and behind the scenes helpers who make this site possible. Truly one of the coolest places on the Internet because of both the subject matter and the quality of people here.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This site is undeniably one of the best things (if not THE best) to happen to the MV hobby. I never would have learned so much so fast without the advice, guidance and support of many of the members on SS. I've only been on the site a little over 2 yrs, but I already feel like one of the 'family'.

Here's to another decade of MV drooling, moding, and restoring!