• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The 10 ton mack M125

Reich965

Was driving around Jacksonville at lunch last week and saw a 5 ton and 2 1/2 ton parked in front of a shop. Since I'm looking for a bobbed duece, I thought I'd look in--the garage door was open. Turned out to be Dirt's shop. Met Dirt and saw the monster 10 tons as well. Without question, the ultimate trophies. Enjoyed a chat and learned about Steelsoldiers. Joined right away. Thanks for the time Dirt. Jerry

OSO

Dirt71 where did your M139 end up at ? I see your brand new 14.00x20 ND against the wall in your shop.Where did the cab and front fenders end up at? :driver:
Nice find those sure are BIG!!!! Oso

saddamsnightmare

June 9th, 2008.

NOW FOR THE ARTILLERY PIECE!!! :beer:
That is a truck for a man who need to carry some REALLY large rounds around!!! :drool:

LOL

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gasoline Generaor Set
1963 Swiss Army Unimog, S404.114 MB NATO Green.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great thread and boy is that cool that you have those trucks saved from the shears of a scrap yard. Can you post some pictures of the engines and winches? Thanks for posting all you have just would love to see more of these rare beauties.

mcmullag

great saves

Wow! That is awesome that someone got these that can take care of 'em in the proper manner. Hope you have lots of fun with them. Park those two on the front lot of a business and see all the foot traffic you get.

best of luck,
g.

Dirt71

The 10 ton mack M125/Engine Pics

Here you go Chaplain, pictures of the engine you wanted to see. The first pictures are the engine in the second 10 ton I just got like I said before it is locked up pretty good. I filled it up a PB BLASTER and MARVEL MYSTERY OIL COCKTAIL hoping it will free up. I would like to make it run before I tear the truck down, so I will know what I have. As these engines are few and far between. Hope you enjoy the pics.
Thank you David

P.S.
No winch pics yet, as it started to storm.

Attachments

m139h2otruck

Never saw this thread before. It looks like a Zenith carb on the V-8, is it? Also like the dual air cleaners. If the carb is the same size as a 5 ton, I wonder why dual air cleaners are needed? Maybe the 5 tons are on the edge (for CFM) using only one.

Anyone know where to get rebuild kits/parts for the Zenith carbs? Have already tried Zenith. Only could give me some of the blueprint drawingsThanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks