• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The 10x10 pls is home!

Jesse6325

Definitly easier and probably a bit cheaper, We just yanked all the DUVAC stuff off and put in a 12 volt alternator and starter. We have the mecanical version of the 8V92T.

paradeduty

Hey there Logistics!

The only thing I know of specifically regarding the LVS version of the Detroit is that one just sold on GL not too long ago (probably within a month) that was specifically for the LVS. It was a sweet looking, basically brand new rebuilt engine (I would have to guess that there aren't any "new" ones still around). I have actually had pretty good luck (2 out of 3 tries) with requesting that GL forward an e-mail to the "winner" of one of their lots, in which you can request that they contact you regarding possible re-sale. This one was litterally "shiny" so it might be worth it. I think it went for around 4K - so 4500 with GL fees. The turbo is set up differently on the LVS - off one end or the other - can't remember - as the radiator is on top like on the PLS. You looking to pick up a spare or is yours giving you trouble? Dave.