• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Deuce and the dragstrip

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was driving a deuce in Germany I used to drag race with the street cars in Frankfurt.

Those suckers are surprisingly fast out of the hole.

I would start off in LOW range, third gear and launch at about 1800 RPM.

My buddy would yank it up in HIGH while I shifted back to 4th gear (HR) and then speed shifted up to 5th (HR).

My drag racing career ended when I caught the attention of a full bird Col. who was riding the streetcar to work.

Bumper numbers tell all.:shock:

My Motor Sgt. was not amused.:roll:

Kaiserjeeps

I wait all year and now it's over. LOL I can't wait to go back with the 5 ton LDS motor in. I have such a good baseline for the LDT now. When people ask "what do you do with that?" I have to laugh. Not only can they be a daily driver as Josh demonstrates, but firewood, camping, parades, grocery getter, oh yea, and the race track.:mrgreen:

:driver:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought it was funny.. I don't get upset by anything that happens on the internet...

Opcom, I had a broken snap ring in the transmission, but it didn't happen while goofing off. It could have been from the burnou, but I doubt it.

Kaiserjeeps

Thanks for being so cool about it. My regrets are fewer these days, but I still gotta face it once in awhile. I am glad to cover this.
So, Meanwhile back at the ranch... Lets get back to military truck stuff.

Cheers!

Kaiserjeeps

Well I was only able to get so many pictures of the duece. I did get some other rigs. Plus a ton more video's. They load slow. I start one and go to work for a while. I'll put up some more good sounding video's. But here are some more stills.

The red Chev launched in 4x4. He folded his steering tie rods from the torque. It took a while to get him off the track. All you ford and dodge guys hold it down.:p

Oop's on the duplicates.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaiserjeeps

This little Cj was something else. It looks like a ride full of adrenalin. Later in the day he blew his engine all over the track. Lots of oil and nearly an hour to clean up. Things happen fast with a short wheel base like that. No crashes fortunately.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5E_BevlEMM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSBWRHpFSok[/media]

Kaiserjeeps

I am curious about my LDS motor. I just moved it yesterday and am jazzed about putting it in. My question is on the injection pump. Can you turn it up just like the LDT? Or is there anything to be aware of? Does it make more heat than the LDT to start with?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks