• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The infamous Well Nut info

Chrispyny

I still have a bunch if anyone needs em. 2 for $14 shipped. Discounts for more. Thanks. Not really making any money off em, just helping us here out.

Chrispyny

Are these nos? Or aftermarket no name?
I don't know what you mean by aftermarket no name. I purchased them from a military supplier rerfered to me by a fellow member here. They are current manufacture, not old and cracked if thats what you mean. These are milspec parts.

dstang97

I don't know what you mean by aftermarket no name. I purchased them from a military supplier rerfered to me by a fellow member here. They are current manufacture, not old and cracked if thats what you mean. These are milspec parts.
Milspec is what I'm looking for. Thanks

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Milspec is what I'm looking for. Thanks
Howdy,

YES, member Chrispyny has the true correct Well nut A-3816 NSN 5310-01-197-1473

Yes, these are made with nitrile rubber (Buna-N) and are diesel fuel compatible.

Tech Info

THREAD CLASS 2B
FLANGE THICKNESS 0.190 INCHES NOMINAL
NUT DIAMETER 0.750 INCHES NOMINAL
NUT LENGTH 1.060 INCHES NOMINAL
THREAD SERIES UNC
THREAD QUANTITY PER INCH 16
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE 0.375 INCHES
SPECIAL FEATURES SLEEVE MATERIAL IS NITRILE; THREADED INSERT MATERIAL IS BRASS

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Any tube or drain will use a well nut to seal the opening. Any time you have a fuel leak, it will be the well nut.

Not all well nuts are the same. You want this one made with Buna N nitrile rubber because of the contact with diesel.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You still have 2? I don't need one... yet. But it might be cheap insurance to put on the shelf.

Lawman21

Thanks Mike.

Anyone have a problem ordering from green mountain generator? I've left 3 messages regarding ordering replacement parts. No one has returned my calls. Frustrated.

Eric

dstang97

Thanks Mike.

Anyone have a problem ordering from green mountain generator? I've left 3 messages regarding ordering replacement parts. No one has returned my calls. Frustrated.

Eric
Good luck with that. He will respond 2 years from now. In this thread.

Another Ahab

Thanks Mike.

Eric
Good luck with that. He will respond 2 years from now. In this thread.
That company has an interesting business model.

Wonder what growth strategy they have behind that.

Lawman21

Sorry new to all this. People asking me to start new threads and posts. Trying to get this site down..looking for a well nut for a MEP-802a

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks