• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1031 with 5" lift, 12-bolt H1's and no spacers build!

tvguy

I got the ORD weld-in frame repair kit installed today. I had to trim the front in order to clear the bumper support bracket. After that a little weld-thru primer and then I burned it all in. I put the extended brake lines on as well. Tomorrow I'll install the new steering box and hopefully get the front axle under it.

Attachments

landen300

This is a great build. I was curious as to why you didn't want to just throw dually hubs on the 60 that was in there? Is the axle going to be farther forward in the wheel well once you put a bed on it because of the shackle mod? Really nice work man, keep it up!

tvguy

This is a great build. I was curious as to why you didn't want to just throw dually hubs on the 60 that was in there? Is the axle going to be farther forward in the wheel well once you put a bed on it because of the shackle mod? Really nice work man, keep it up!
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but I'll give it a shot . . .

I assume you're referring to the front 60. I had a "spare" 60 that I had completely rebuilt, including adding a Lockright and 35-spline outer shafts. It does have dually hubs on it and that's what will be going in, hopefully tomorrow.

The shackle flip did move the rear 70HD forward. I moved it back 1 1/2" with the Zero Rates so hopefully it will be pretty close when the bed goes on.

tvguy

Putting the new steering box in was a PAIN . . . I had to put it in and pull it out 3 times. I hoped to get everything wrapped up today but I just didn't have enough time. Did get the springs and the axle in though . . .

Attachments

tvguy

i think it would be even cooler with the contact maintenance box on it, but still love the build.
Yeah, I agree . . . it would have been cool with the contact maintenance box on it, but I think I'll get a lot more use out of it with the bed.

landen300

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but I'll give it a shot . . .

I assume you're referring to the front 60. I had a "spare" 60 that I had completely rebuilt, including adding a Lockright and 35-spline outer shafts. It does have dually hubs on it and that's what will be going in, hopefully tomorrow.

The shackle flip did move the rear 70HD forward. I moved it back 1 1/2" with the Zero Rates so hopefully it will be pretty close when the bed goes on.
You got it. I should have specified front although there is only one Dana 60 in the truck...:p I figured you were rebuilding an extra and doing a switch, but I also knew that you could just throw the dually front hubs on your existing axle. Swapping beats rebuilding an axle still under a truck any day. You also correctly followed when I jumped to asking about the rear. Awesome truck man, can't wait to see the end result.

tvguy

Got the calipers installed, drag link and tie rod in, and gear oil in the axle tonight. I still have to bleed the brakes and steering, grease all the fittings, install a new vent hose and probably another half dozen things I have yet to think of. Sorry for the crappy pics but it was already dark by the time I grabbed the camera.

Attachments

tvguy

I got the lift finished yesterday and put the 37's on. The fronts rub the back part of the fender . . . I did some trimming but need to do some more. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post 'em up.

tvguy

I couldn't decide what to do about the front tires hitting . . . trim the fenders or move the axle forward with the zero rates. When I got the truck someone had already done a hack job on the fenders so they needed to be cleaned up anyway. So, I decided to trim the fenders as much as needed and leave the front axle in the stock position. I ran some tape along where I wanted to cut and used a cutting wheel to trim everything up . . .

Attachments

tvguy

I didn't have a lot of options on the front part of the fender since it was already trimmed so close to the marker light. Ideally I would have liked to left another 1/2" or so to clear the liner, but I did what I could . . .

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks