• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Official '08 SS Ga Rally info thread

poppop

RE: Re: GA RALLY

Just a little to far for my wrecker clinto. I am just hoping I can make it. Got this back thing going on. I am waiting now for an appointment with the Doctor that did my last surgery.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

I drive by Ron's on the way... think mrs 73m819 would notice the truck driving off & missing?rofl

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Kipman and I swapped a starter for a set of heavy towbars and it would be a good thing if one of you southbound on I-77 could stop by and pick up the towbars on your way to the GA rally.

I'm 20 miles East of the I-77 in VA. Kipman tells me Gimpy may be able to bring them North to Ohio from the rally.
Let Kipman or me know if it's within reason and I will provide further directions to my place.
Thanks.

Capt.Marion

If I just plan on camping out at the group campsite, do I need to call the Durhamtown folks and make a reservation? Especially since I'll be getting in 0000 Saturday morning or so...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd call and get some info. I know that camping at our HQ should be no problem, I don't know how the gate system works. I have reserved a cabin and hope to get in Thursday afternoon to set up.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Capt.Marion said:
If I just plan on camping out at the group campsite, do I need to call the Durhamtown folks and make a reservation? Especially since I'll be getting in 0000 Saturday morning or so...

No, you can show up and pay the $15 fee....................

I was told this in an email (which I have saved) that came directly from the owner.

Now, as to the arrival time, I don't know how that would work, so you probably need to call them. Tell them you will be sleeping in your truck and Mike (the owner) said you only needed to pay the $15 primitive camping fee and ask if you need to pre-pay or anything like that.

If you have issues, call or pm me.

Capt.Marion

joeM62 said:
i'm right below Rome GA it's 3.95 on deisel in my area. hopefully have enough fuel to make the trip.
Heck, it's cheaper than gas. Last I saw was 3.999 for Regular...

Clinto- thanks, I'll give them a shout.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For all that are planning on renting a cabin, I and my associates have rented Mallards Nest 1 so you can plan on camping away from this lively area. Looks like the entire cabin area has WiFi so we can post pics of the fun as we go. 23 days to go.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMGeneral said:
Bjorn,I may be able to get up that way one weekend and snag em,depends on whether or not Maddawg is coming to the rally by that way.
Sounds like a possibility, PM kipman, he may want to help with gas money....

rmgill

*sigh* too much going on this month. I have a VMMV event up in Virginia to go to. A friend is getting his Daimler Armoured car into the US. And we'll have something like 5 or 6 dingos at the event.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called (Durhamtown)and reserved an RV to stay at for the Rally. There were no more cabins available at this time(who got the Dawg House?). There were only two options available today, one was a place that sleeps 12 and I forgot the other choice. There are shower facilities for people camping and a restaurant to eat at also. They do not allow cooking in any of the rentals. And they said 10pm deadline to setup/arrive. No gate though. If you have reservations and arrive after 10 pm, there is an option, call and ask. Plan accordingly!

Blythewoodjoe

Well it's official, I will attending with my 4 year old girl. The main purpose is a little daddy daughter camp out, so will be staying at the "base camp". I will be driving my F-150 with my CBC in tow. I will also be bringing as much stuff to sell and give away as possible. I will post some more info about that on the other thread here shortly. I am broke but I think I can swing the gas money for the ford and spend time with my little girl and you guys. Might even be fun. I will have some questions about logistics at base camp but I am hoping it will be as simple and checking in, pay fee and setting up a tent, if I don't sleep in the CBC. I will be "cooking" my meals since the little one is looking forward to the camping experience. I won't have anything to ride but the girl doesn't like to ride as much as me. I had hoped to trailer my former air force BC-172 but that would cost too much in fuel. My work truck gets 6.8 MPG loaded. Thank you EPA. That exhaust filter really is efficient :lol:

See you guys soon,
Joe Trapp

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal Joe. Let me know if I can be any help at all. You are welcome to use my cabin for bathing and anything else you need for her if the camping becomes too much.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, will you be bringing Johnathan?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seriously doubt it Eric. He would have to miss 4 days of school and my wife just doesn't subscribe to that. I would really like to bring him though. I'll beat on her some more.

poppop

Things are looking up. Had an MRI on my back Wed. and surgery is required but not emininute. I am doing well and the urge to come to the rally is overpowering. I plan to be there. I plan to drive the M813 RV to sleep in and tow the Duece to play in. Clint, what kind of shooting will be going on at the Range?? I also plan to come up on Thursday so I will be available to help you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks