• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The PURPLE CAMO DEUCE

carguy455

N1265 said:
First you guys started complaining about the black and crome duce in CAL.

Now that the " BARNY " special is out there, what do you guys think of the CAL. Duece ?

Its not my taste, but Its better than seeing them rusting away.
(any paint is better than no paint.)

lets see, How does that song go again ?

Oh yea: I love you, you love me, were a GREEN IRON family..... :)
The way I heard it was " I hate you, You hate me, We're ah dysfunctional family !"

I LIKED the black Cal. deuce , I thought it was cool ! [thumbzup]

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, now that everybodies had their shot, I figured I'd give youse guys a little 'before' and 'after' shots.

Understand that the picture that Gary 'changed to the Purple Camo' for me was of the second variety.

Last edited:

Elwenil

Just as a note there is an actual camo pattern used on Russian/Soviet BDUs that is red/white/purple. It is mostly used by the Spetznaz I believe for urban ops. I actually had a set on order from St. Petersburg, but after finding out the backorder time I switched to the more common Kamyish woodland pattern.

Ahahaha. :lol:
I just got back in town. Hey Jim, ya got everybody talkin?!!!

I'll take the neon out of it and simmer it down a bit. Watch for an update a little later.
Right now I gotta go deal with the stupid City Planning commision on my house I am trying to build. Yeah, 16 months in Public works/Civil engineering alone. Maybe I'll paint my truck that color and drive it up on their lawn and demonstrate. That would definately get their attention!!

rizzo

Recovry4x4 said:
Yanno, its not a whole lot different than my school bus yellow wrecker! I can assure you the wrecker won't stay that way for long though!

Mine was yellow when i got it and i had it painted before it went out in public.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, as an UPDATE, I called and talked to Royal Purple. THEY now have 'The Purple Camo Deuce' to ruminate about.

Gary, no rush dude. When you got the time. Took me a while to redo the photo's so you could have something to work with. Post it here when you get the chance!!

jim

After viewing M35A2's posting of the very nice vehicles across the pond I happened to notice the incredible half track with a not too far off shade of purple (not camo'd yet?). Call me crazy, or the lighting or a filter on the lens, but this half track definately has that purple/deep indigo blue hue to it.

I think Wallew is just pushing the envelope. He might be on to something.
He'll be laughing all the way to the bank with his endorsement contract.
More to follow when I get the time to work on "Version II - The Payback". :D

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary,
I am but your humble servant awaiting the results of your next foray into the 'purple' world.

BESIDES, wouldn't this be an EASY WAY to get young girls interested in MV's? Aren't they CONSTANTLY being pushed the colors pink and purple?

Ahead of the curve? I doubt it. I'm so far OFF THE CURVE for it to not matter.

Can't wait to see "THE PURPLE CAMO - PART DEUX"...

jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks