• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The rear plug by the pintle hitch

Timber

What is it for? It looks like it has a quick disconnect just behind the bumper. I want to remove it and the pintle to make room for my tag, but I'd like to know what it is first.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wiring to tow a trailer. Guess you wont need it since you are talking about removing the hitch.

Timber

If there is an adapter to convert it to a standard 4-pin plug I'll keep it. But that's where my tag is going and I'm switching to a regular receiver hitch.

Brent.Cain

i vust kept mine cause you never know if you might pick up a 1.5ton trailer off of Gl. but i taped into that to run the wires for my 7pin so i can pull a reg. car trailer and i took the pintle off also and and cut a hole to fit the reciver and welded it to the top of the bumper and then took a pice of 1/4 inch plate and went under the the truck and came down off the back frame tie and welded it around the reciver hitch and drilled 4 3/4 nich holes in that frame tir and the plate and used 3/4 grade 8 bolts and that thing aint moving at all