• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The rear plug by the pintle hitch

Timber

What is it for? It looks like it has a quick disconnect just behind the bumper. I want to remove it and the pintle to make room for my tag, but I'd like to know what it is first.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wiring to tow a trailer. Guess you wont need it since you are talking about removing the hitch.

Timber

If there is an adapter to convert it to a standard 4-pin plug I'll keep it. But that's where my tag is going and I'm switching to a regular receiver hitch.

Brent.Cain

i vust kept mine cause you never know if you might pick up a 1.5ton trailer off of Gl. but i taped into that to run the wires for my 7pin so i can pull a reg. car trailer and i took the pintle off also and and cut a hole to fit the reciver and welded it to the top of the bumper and then took a pice of 1/4 inch plate and went under the the truck and came down off the back frame tie and welded it around the reciver hitch and drilled 4 3/4 nich holes in that frame tir and the plate and used 3/4 grade 8 bolts and that thing aint moving at all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks