• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Thrill of Dissapointment II

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Recovry, are you sending/bringing riveted wheels this way? If so I wold be interested in one. (I currently don't have a spare)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm getting some to rdixiemiller for him to fabricate wider wheels. Robert might be able to spare one! I need to go count wheels to see if I'll have enough to bring you an extra but it might be a welded wheel. As it looks I might have some gasser parts too if the swap comes together. I know my ignition system works for sure.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
thanks recovry, I have access (I think) to some welded wheels, so there is no need to add that to the load. ignition parts on the other hand....
btw do you still want that TM from 1954?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have one of the 54 TMs? I just paid for the TM 9-8022 on Ebay a few minutes ago. I'm also looking to get a 209-10 from 1965 too. I've got this gasser coming out before long and I'll have no use for it. Let me know what you need or want.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I had been watching the one you just bought on ebay since the first day it was listed. I would be glad to buy it from you, I just didn't see the point of starting a bidding war.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm working on the 1965 209-10. If I get that I'll flip you the 8022. I've had a fw 8022s over the years so no problem. Just need that 209 manual first.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddly, heres the scoop on manuals. I've been bidding on the 1965 version of the TM 9-2320-209-10. When they reach around $25 I walk away. I've lost a couple of them like this on Ebay. Just the other day I got the 8022 which everytime I buy one I seem to give it away. Anyway bidding closes today on the -10 I've been looking for. Last night when I got up to go to work I was shuffling through a stack of TMs and guess what I found? The 1965 version of the TM 9-2320-209-10. Dang! I hope bidding stays low on the one I'm bidding on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the one on ebay said 276 pages and the one in my hand has 277 so I guess both mine are the same. Oh well, I'll keep one in the house and one in the glove compartment of the wrecker. Actually this is the best manual for the wrecker. It has the crane info as well as multifuel info. I do keep a rough copy of the 361-10 in the tractor!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 333 page version (BTW, they both have the Feb 8, 1965 date) has a big section in the back on the pipeline truck and the earth boring truck. It's "Chapter 7", not present in the other.
Maybe it's a rare version worth $$$$, like a rare postage stamp. :)

Bjorn

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's weird. I've got the 1965 version of the 209-20 and it has an added section with the M756 and one of the tankers I think!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
barefootrubi said:
Recovry, are you sending/bringing riveted wheels this way? If so I wold be interested in one. (I currently don't have a spare)
Barefoot, check with rdixiemiller! He might be able to spare one of the riveted wheels. Think you might be interested in the complete powerpack out of this gasser? It would include the engine, transmission, radiator and everything between. The entire powerpack comes out as a unit. I'll be removing the transmission PTO for my wrecker. I'll also have the front fenders if you need fenders. They're not perfect but pretty decent.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
how long do I get to think about it?
would you be willing to part with individual pieces? radiator, ignition, carb, intake parts, harness

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have time to think about it. I certainly have no other prospective buyers in place. It's all still in the truck. I tend to get rid of stuff quite cheap if its common stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks