• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The unofficial g749 picture thread

Seatyger

Great job Guys!
Here is a couple photos of my latest. This Spring I am going to look at swapping the bed for the shorter MRT one and mounting the Crane in behind the cab. The only variation from the Canadian MRT's will be if I can utilize the double drive PTO I have in order to operate the Crane pump and the Winch. Not exactly sure if it will yet. (Still learning as I go lol)

Attachments

drlogistics

Here is my 1952 xm211. She runs but needs some TLC. I rescued it last weekend. Lots of smoke and coolant from the exhaust. I'll be getting into the engine tomorrow. Gonna do a compression test and then get the head off. I really hope its just a gasket.

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some nice trucks. Think about starting your own thread. We enjoy sharing your experiences. Sometimes we even know things that may help. If nothing else we can egg you on.

As far as posting pictures go, Newbies seem to think the truck has only one side.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found this M135 sitting in the woods in a "top secret" Minnesota location. It comes with a Wisconsin title.

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a title-less m211 sitting near Thorp Wi.

It was about 40 degrees this day and raining. That is why my kid has a shirt on.

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck is sitting for sale on Hwy 14 at Eyota Minnesota. I purchased the troop seats and bows off it for my truck. $100 :)

Attachments

Gunfreak25

Here is my 1952 xm211. She runs but needs some TLC. I rescued it last weekend. Lots of smoke and coolant from the exhaust. I'll be getting into the engine tomorrow. Gonna do a compression test and then get the head off. I really hope its just a gasket.
I just saw your video of it on Youtube a few days ago. Was wondering why it took you so long to become a member here!

drlogistics

I just saw your video of it on Youtube a few days ago. Was wondering why it took you so long to become a member here!
I actually joined before I bought the truck. And when I joined I was sure I wanted a M35 to bob. Then I found the Early Deuce forum and fell in love. So when I found this beauty up for sale in the classifieds section I knew I had to have her. BTW, thanks for your post on removing/weatherproofing door/windshield glass. Its one of my fist projects. I got a quote from my local glass company for $140 for both doors and windshields. Does that sound about right?

Gunfreak25

That is a better price than the NOS weatherstripping for the M35 series. So yes, I would go for it. Otherwise I used peel and seal foam all around my cab alongside a good quality latex based calking. The trim around the door glass on the roof panels are adjustable, what I mean is the rubber that slips into the strips are slotted and held on with several screws each. I shimmed mine with washers so that the new foam that fits into the grooves just makes contact with the edges of the door glass frames for a good positive seal. It took me all day per door but the result is a truck I can hit with the garden hose and not a drop gets inside the cab.

The GMC cabs are built much nicer than the M35 cabs as far as fit and finish so making them weatherproof is pretty easy. I spent around $50 total between calking and peel n' seal foam strips at home depot to do my entire cab. The calking is latex so it can be painted over and even up close it looks neat and clean, just make the smallest opening you can on your calking tip. I'll be making videos later covering all these small details.

drlogistics

I wasn't very clear. The $140 is for the glass only. All the glass on my old girl is either cracked or the lamination is failing so it all needs to be replaced. I will be following your advice and using the peel and seal method. And I agree about the GMC cabs. I can't believe how nice everything fits together.

drlogistics

Some nice trucks. Think about starting your own thread. We enjoy sharing your experiences. Sometimes we even know things that may help. If nothing else we can egg you on.

As far as posting pictures go, Newbies seem to think the truck has only one side.

LOL. I just read this post hendersond. Here's some more pics. And I will be starting her own thread soon. She's gonna be my new daily driver.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749

Stan, can we get some pics near an ocean, next to a mountain, by a river, beside to a Battleship, in Stanley Park, on a ferry?

Get the 8 points of the truck, 4 corners, front, back and two sides. Use height of camera for some effect. Best pics with the "sun to your back".

Your post holds, 10 pics I think so if it's ok with the mods, fill it up.
You've got a great engine bay so some 'square' overhead shots would be great...... Oh here, Ill start.

The first pics are Stan's beautiful truck........until he can get us some better ones.
The last row has a few more shots of the M215.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M215

Originally posted by bearboley "just not to pretty anymore"

Not pretty to you, I like it. That is beautiful.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder :) :beer:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M135

Found this beauty in front of a local maintenance facility.

It is a Canadian M135 with intact insignia.

If you look closely at the rear shot it appears to have been drinking BUD. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beer holder.

Motor and trani are gone but Gunfreak can fix that.

Enjoy.

Gunfreak25

WHOA! What the heck are the vents on the dashboard? I know about the under dash defroster vents that were used on the U.S trucks. Looks like the Canadians took it one step further and added more vents on top of the dash to really reduce the windshield fog on those extreme winter day's. Darn Canadians think of everything.

I want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks