• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The unofficial g749 picture thread

How can something so simple make me smile so hard?
One thing I wanted to ask is on my 54 M135 there is a slotted guide on the inner LH panel by the battery tray, and what looked like an attachment for a rod to the hood but long broken off. My M211 doesn't have this feature at all, neither does the parts truck(M211 also) as this only for earlier trucks?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember this advice... When in doubt post a pic. we can better answer your question and enjoy your truck at the same time!
How does your hood stay up? You either got the things that look like drawer slides on the sides or you have a single prop rod in front of the grill.

Remember this advice... When in doubt post a pic. we can better answer your question and enjoy your truck at the same time!
How does your hood stay up? You either got the things that look like drawer slides on the sides or you have a single prop rod in front of the grill.
My 1955 M211 has a prop rod, but the M135 has as you suggest drawer slides. I want to upload a video of the 211 after getting her turning, but need help.

drlogistics

I thought the GoPro logo at the beginning of the video would have given it away but just so everyone knows I did not strap my 5 year old under my truck. Just mounted my camera under there. All the extra holes make finding a spot pretty easy. Let me know if you guys want to see any other angles and I'll do my best.

turnkey

Oldfart ...One thing your truck did is Missle data information tranfer. for the US NAVY doing test shoots of the new ( at the time ) SM-2 Shipboard missle system.....I worked on some of the stuff at the time with the Comm. side of the outfit......Around the late 70s time frame.....The Army and Air Force and several white paint rigs for use in the hot place...Dept. of Defense...White sands testing range....But we could cool down a six-pack of beer with the indoor A/Cs units on he back of the Army's duece and half in under 2 minutes......We where doing our own testing....Nice rig great find ....

Oldfart

Oldfart ...One thing your truck did is Missle data information tranfer. for the US NAVY doing test shoots of the new ( at the time ) SM-2 Shipboard missle system.....I worked on some of the stuff at the time with the Comm. side of the outfit......Around the late 70s time frame.....The Army and Air Force and several white paint rigs for use in the hot place...Dept. of Defense...White sands testing range....But we could cool down a six-pack of beer with the indoor A/Cs units on he back of the Army's duece and half in under 2 minutes......We where doing our own testing....Nice rig great find ....
Thanks for the info. Poor truck is parked on the muddy farm right now. We have been waiting first for the snow to melt and then for the rains to let up for the fields to dry so we can move her without wallowing in the mud. I did find a trailer I wanted to tow with our M220, but I frankly got out bid. I will see if I can cross link to the "show us your trailers" thread. You are right about the double A/C units. They are the same as the roof mount A/C's on my motorhomes. My little 28 foot Pathfinder MH has a single A/C that will drive you outside on all but the hottest days and our M220 had two of these to cool about half the space as my MH.

Link to trailer thread ~ http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ary-Trailers&p=1722671&viewfull=1#post1722671

The trailer I wanted was a part of a radar fire control system for anti-aircraft batteries.

Last edited:
:grd:M 135 chassis.jpg
Thanks for the pics. Is that a gas fired heater behind that hood scoop?
this one originally had a coolant heater, never would have thought they could come with a gas heater. This truck went through **** and high water, much damaged stuff the old owner stripped and sold for scrap (heatercore).This truck I never started up.I had intensions to, but so much was screwed up, I just took it apart, stored all the major parts in my workshop, and set about plans to rebuild the engine for the M211. I WILL NOT SCRAP it! The frame is still in one piece, and as long as not cracked, or welded, she's a gonna run again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks