• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The unofficial g749 picture thread

Cool! Do the 302's use cast iron pistons or are the aluminum? Now I want another M211 with the original drivetrain in it. There is a man selling a really nice one in Phoenix AZ for $5500 obo, he said he has no idea what it's worth and is open to offers. Zero rust and a real gem.
No, they are aluminum, and the name Zolnner (?) is cast into them. That's what's in my M211 engine.

Another Ahab

I just took it apart, stored all the major parts in my workshop, and set about plans to rebuild the engine for the M211. I WILL NOT SCRAP it! The frame is still in one piece, and as long as not cracked, or welded, she's a gonna run again.
You will earn Good Karma for your noble undertaking.

Old MV Iron everywhere cheers you, and my gratitude is included. [thumbzup]

USMC 00-08

Why did the American trucks get issued with canvas tops, and only the shop vans get issued with steel tops?
I really don't know. I have never seen a hardtop in person but really like the look of them and have not been able to find one anywhere close to me in years of looking. The canvas just deteriorates too fast if you don't have a building to put them under.

My search for the elusive hardtop may be at an end tomorrow. If it is, I'll post it up over in my thread.

USMC 00-08

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed. We are interested in your progress. Go to the "early Duece Forum" and you will find the button "+ new thread"

We are happy to egg you on

Now you can just cut and paste the YouTube link here and it will show up.

Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yEVAziBlw

I think you should start your very own thread with all this so we can keep track of your progress easier. A bunch of us are really interested in what you are doing.

Like these

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?52255-G749-preservation

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?68735-First-52-XM211
Well I'll be darned! A million thank you's are in order. But every time I tried to "cut/paste", it didn't work. It was simpler to post on YT. But I'll learn. As for a new thread, I have to agree, there's a lot I'm up to, and it needs posting. Just in passing, I forget who mentioned this, but someone wanted to see a Canadian defroster vent for the windshield. I have one in the M135, and original heating ducts.I can remove and give details/measurments/pictures, if interested.

USMC 00-08

I need to learn how to post to YouTube from you then because I can't figure that one out!

Very interested in the vent and heating stuff!!

Heater /vents

I need to learn how to post to YouTube from you then because I can't figure that one out!

Very interested in the vent and heating stuff!!
I'm going to take pictures today,will even attempt a video so I can get more experienced with that issue. As for uploading on YT, if you have Google as a home browser, and a Gmail address, you are in great shape, as signing in to one, is signing into all, including YT.Go to YT, and create a "channel". Describe what your channel is about, and upload you material, note though, it takes time, so be patient.When done, click finished, or view video, and view your material. I had to muck around for awhile before getting it right, but that's basically how it's done.Hope that helps. I wish I was as fast as most 5 to 7 year olds in getting this stuff, auabut we all learn by seeing it done.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks