• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The unofficial g749 picture thread

USMC 00-08

A friend of mine that is in the Army sent this picture to me. He said it is sitting in the motor pool and no one knows why. Yes I am trying to find out if they need it hauled off and out of their way.

Thought it was neat the Army still has some around.
19894.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Pole/Utility truck

This original photo is a truck one of my MVPA mates drove back in the 80's, after service.....drilling wells. The old photo was from a package that he gave me along with the story that the truck is still around, owned by a relative of the original owner. I'd like to save one some day.

pole truck 207.jpg

I borrowed these pics from a man with a sultry voice, a love of airplanes and a real good eye for MV photos! This truck is in an Ontario museum so it's good to see we've got at least one in a barn.

poletruck.jpgpoletruckrr.jpgPole truck.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Line truck

The Line Truck is in Kingston, Ontario Canada. http://www.c-and-e-museum.org/eng_foyer.html

""""""Where are we: The Military Communications & Electronic Museum is located at CFB Kingston on 95 Craftsman Blvd., Highway #2, Kingston East, Ontario, Canada.
The Museum: 10,000 square feet of display area with over 5,000 items to view​
Visiting Hours:​
*** Summer Hours
11-5 May-Sept to include Saturday and Sunday Holidays (as posted)
Admission is by voluntary donation

Line truck DM.jpg

Deuce Linetruck DG.jpg Here is a pic SuperDave grabbed of the one that toured Alberta.

I had to sing for these then simply asked the owner of the faceoff site if I could share them here.

H deuce 1.jpgH Deuce high low.jpgH G749 dump.jpgH G749 winter.jpgDeuce guntow.jpgH Deuce buffalo.jpgH ferret Deuce.jpgH Deuce barge.jpgH G749 fleet.jpgH deuce lineup.jpg

We're going to find the pictures of hundreds of deuces that were stored for the sole purpose of search and rescue by the Emergency Measure's Organization. We're also looking for pictures of the Deuces from Operation Morning Light. Maybe some of you remember it and had your Polaroid with you. http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/operation-morning-light/

It was a joint American/ Canadian search for Cosmos 945 when it crashed in 1978. The deuces were loaded with debris and stored in two locations.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Picture of our M220. Managed to get it out of the weeds, install new batteries and service the fluids. Hung a flag on it and parked it at the entrance of the farm to mark Memorial Day.

Attachments

Oldfart

Ah yes, chain keeps from bending the stakes with a load of grain. My father-in-laws 57 Chevy with a Tempe bed was equipped with chains as well. ~~ How about M37keppy starting a thread about his Weasel!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks