• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the XM971 "command camper" build

RAYZER

RAY-
i meant to ask you, how big is your water heater?
and how well does it keep up with the demand?
Water heater is 6 gal, not sure how well it keeps up because I havn't used it yet due to the lp gas plumbing being incomplete.
I'll post some results when I get it fired up!

jdknech

Water heater is 6 gal, not sure how well it keeps up because I havn't used it yet due to the lp gas plumbing being incomplete.
I'll post some results when I get it fired up!
I look forward to your results.. I picked up a water heater from a guy up the street who was scraping a camper... it looks to be a 4-5gallon tank.. it was the right price (free) so hopfully it works out well...

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a travel trailer with a six gallon water heater and it keeps up great as long you have water flow restrictors in place on the fixtures and observe "Fleet showering protocol" you should be fine. The ladies can't be taking any 30 minute showers.

Bert

jdknech

I have a travel trailer with a six gallon water heater and it keeps up great as long you have water flow restrictors in place on the fixtures and observe "Fleet showering protocol" you should be fine. The ladies can't be taking any 30 minute showers.

Bert
ok, dumb question, but flow restrictor? What's that? Lol.
And I would be more worried about ME taking a 30+ min shower.. Nothing feels better after a long day riding dirt bikes.. Lol. But thanks for the info on the heater.. That makes me feel a bit Better.. :)

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is this all shower heads, or just RV heads?
This was mandated many years ago to save water in homes. The RV shower normally has a smaller ID hose used to supply it and that would reduce water flow.

We only have a 400 gallon tank of water. Let it run!
That's great but you still only have a 5 or 6 gallon reserve of hot water which will be quickly depleted (recovery time varies on these but on average they will supply more hot water in 20 - 30 minutes). That would mean a 395 gallon cold shower.
How big of a gray water holding tank are you guys installing?

Bert

RAYZER

That brings up another point.
Average gray water tanks are about 35 gal, you can let your gray water run out on the ground depending on where your at. If your operating on fresh water holding tank water, you would want to conserve on that.
If you have an lp only water heater, you can add a lightning rod kit which will allow you to heat water with 120v, this can be switched on at the same time the lp is heating to allow faster recovery.

Last edited:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that camp grounds that are licensed by the state will pass on any and all fines they receive, to you for illegal dumping of gray or black water. You may want to edit your post.
The weird twist of the law states, that if you heat the wash water outside and use it outside you can dump it outside. I have camped in your state and have seen this written in the rules of use agreement several times.

My trailer has a 60 gallon fresh water tank, 62 gallon gray water tank and a 32 gallon black water tank.

Bert

jdknech

Matt has a 400gl water buffalo that he will be pulling to haspin.. That will be my water source there... I will be getting 2x- 125gal fresh water tanks to hang from the front of the trailer in place of the Mil A/C units.. But that will be a little ways down the road.. Money is getting tight :(