• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the XM971 "command camper" build

jdknech

TM says 9,430 empty shipping weight, max payload 16,000, 12,000 off road payload, gross Vehicle Weight 21,430 not sure how that works out on gross weight. How much do they rate on the trailer axle and how much on the 5th wheel???
my understanding is that the gross weight is both axle and pin weight... so total weight of trailer... mine was 19K lb when i picked it up.. lol

I have (2) M373 trailers in Kansas, as soon as I can get them home I'll be doing the same type of camper conversion on one of them.
Off topic, but I was through Carrizozo a few years and stopped for a bite to eat at a bar/restaurant that had a funny sign outside on the side of the building that said "Ho made Chilli" or something like that. Is it still there?

jdknech

Well, we got a ton of work done this week.. Got the shower walls built (putting in a 2 piece unit)
and got the front bedroom wall installed with the folding door,
and the right side wall is insulated, and 90% of the paneling is up on it.
Also working on insulating the ceiling. (That should be done with a couple more hours work)

Next is to run the electric, and plumbing.. I think I am going to go with a hot water heater from a camper (propane)
Then to install the ceiling.. And the wood floors.

Once all that is done, it's on to the bed room.. But that should be pretty simple, just a full bed, carpet, paneling for the walls and ceiling, and a window A/C unit stuck in the front.. Nothing very fancy..

Well, here are the pics.. (Next post)

Tornadogt

I admire your enthusiasm, 3 days a week and evenings. I'm tired just thinking about it..
Photos and more photos.. taking notes what did you get for a shower?? Part numbers and where to get it.. :)

jdknech

I admire your enthusiasm, 3 days a week and evenings. I'm tired just thinking about it..
Photos and more photos.. taking notes what did you get for a shower?? Part numbers and where to get it.. :)
the shower is a craigslist specal.. $50.. but is is just like the standerd 32"X32" stand up shower you can find at lowes for $350-ish and yes, it is very exhausting.. but it has to be livable by the first week in june for Haspin 2013!! :)

Tornadogt

I am thinking of getting one of the shower toilet combos to save on space.. not set in stone at this point.... looking forward to see how your coming.

jdknech

I am thinking of getting one of the shower toilet combos to save on space.. not set in stone at this point.... looking forward to see how your coming.
i have seen them in campers, but from the git-go on this project, a toilet was not a facter.. i did not want to deal with black water, and the extra plumbing.. and this will have more of a command center use, then as a camper.. so i wanted as much open floor space as i could.. the shower is in the back corner, and it is not in a bathroom, it will open into the main room.. but i will have a curtain to pull across so you have "some" privacy..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks