• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Third's Build Discussion

Third From Texas

Thats great ive been looking in between naps at all the different typs some have baskets like a deep fryer so theres to many choices so i will sleep on it tonight and start over tomorrow so thanks for all the info . Also studying sises for where i will store it on the truck when not using it i have some really important appliances that have to fit no matter what like a blender its as important as a bottle opener on party nights
Another things I take with me is this. It was a gift about 10 years ago and I figured I'd never really use it.

But it can make coffee, it can make iced coffee, it can make smoothies, it can make Margaritas. etc. It's two appliances in one (blender and coffee maker) and it's really small. It stows anywhere and has also gone with me on a lot of beach trips.

I'll be bummed when it breaks because they don't make them any more and I've never found another product like it.

81xfjYZQzIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another things I take with me is this. It was a gift about 10 years ago and I figured I'd never really use it.

But it can make coffee, it can make iced coffee, it can make smoothies, it can make Margaritas. etc. It's two appliances in one (blender and coffee maker) and it's really small. It stows anywhere and has also gone with me on a lot of beach trips.

I'll be bummed when it breaks because they don't make them any more and I've never found another product like it.

View attachment 874849
AHHHH thats great show all us non having something great that we cant get !!! So now on all your interior build pics there will be this unassuming magic coffee maker to remind us of how our crappy coffee makers are substandard .By the way thats how i drink my coffee for the last month is make a pot put it in the refridgerator and my cup in the freezer so a little sweetner and some french vanilla it is off the chain good for breakfast just get a good stout maduro cigar and set under my awning with my ice coffee in the mornings fixes everything ! Yea thats nice go ahead and box it back up and get it headed my direction cod of coarse lol !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did you go with for drawer guides ive never seen them open in your pics ?

GENX

Isn't that how it is? I had a coffee pot maker/grinder that you could put beans in; it would grind em and dump into the filter as they were ground. Coupled with a small popcorn roaster and you could fire up the freshest coffee with a 20 minute roast while in the shower. And the taste blew away any keurig. But that little jewel was the biznass. If it could find one that did that and what yours does... hard stop ... we'd be set for Armageddon.

Third From Texas

What did you go with for drawer guides ive never seen them open in your pics ?
Just $5 drawer sides from Lowes and pop latches.

For the kitchen pull-out workspace and the keyboard/mouse tray I may change to the latching type so they don't slide open in transit. But a simple drop-in retainer pin may work for a lot cheaper. For now they also just have the $5 Lowes sliders.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just $5 drawer sides from Lowes and pop latches.

For the kitchen pull-out workspace and the keyboard/mouse tray I may change to the latching type so they don't slide open in transit. But a simple drop-in retainer pin may work for a lot cheaper. For now they also just have the $5 Lowes sliders.
A set of soft close would be cool on that !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A set of soft close would be cool on that !
Yep! SALICE is a company in Italy that manufacturers those soft close drawer pieces. They sell to some of the big box stores here in town as well as specialty cabinet makers. Those things are magic for sure!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep! SALICE is a company in Italy that manufacturers those soft close drawer pieces. They sell to some of the big box stores here in town as well as specialty cabinet makers. Those things are magic for sure!
Ive got them on all the drawers in the truck and so far with normal stuff in them they stay shut when traveling .My hardware for all the cab doors/drawers have come in so i will go get them tomorrow ! I hope i like them in the truck like i did in the store??????????

GENX

You should avoid the popcorn at all cost very bad for you and your colon the little golden flakes from the corn gets trapped in the little pockets in your colon on the way out and keep your body from getting the b-12 from your food and you become b-12 deficient ! It happended to my friend finally lost all feeling in his legs and couldnt walk and some badass doctors at vanderbilt got him back to health but he has to take a b12 shot every month and drink those b12 shots every day and thats what the doctors told him happend to him .
OK. Roger that and thank you. But I rarely pop corn in it. I roast coffee beans. I hope those can play nice with the colon cause I drink it by the gallon. Not to hijack the thread.

coachgeo

did some search on this..... several articles seemed to say same as the one below. One below sorta points toward the comment you made and how the thinking on this has changed.??? Im no doctor though..... ask yours....

coachgeo

If you have some cats in long white coats from Vanderbilt telling you this is what happend and gave you the use of your legs back im thinking maybe not armchair quarterback these folks ! But if you want to roll the dice eat al the popcorn you like i will still be your SS pal no matter what quits working on ya!!!! Carry on !!!!
I will trust lab coats more than one report of someone; who knows someone, who explained their predicament in general terms as was explained to him. (and possibly explained to him prior to the lab coats re-evaluating their thoughts on causation.) Do trust your friend has Diverticulitis from something..... and the pop corn may not have helped..... or worsened it.

how long ago did this friend get told his popcorn was "the cause"?

ps-from my medical experiences...... usually there is 3 things "at minimal" that converge as the causation of the medical issue that is causing the most harm to the body or mind. Life is complicated.... it is pretty much never one thing. Even Covid provided some proof of this. Those worst affected, also were those with pre-existing health issue(s) is one example.

Third From Texas

The heater is secured with an internal frame that's attached to the wall via rivnuts.

Tomorrow I'll build the cradle/base the heater sits on. It will then be held in place with banding strap and a layer of 1/8"neoprene rubber (same way the water tank will be secured).

I have two small vents to cut for the fridge, then I can start running my PEX. I have a ton of little hardware the land in the process, but it's a fairly simple system....

Water 01.png

*I have a regulator that goes in-line on the city feed (before the strainer) that's not on then drawing

Water 02png.png

I left myself plenty of room under the kitchen countertop so that I can easily access the heater, regulator gauge, cutoffs, city/tank lever, all the strainers and drinking water filters.

Last edited:

GENX

I am going to plumb a mixing valve so there is a return to the tank from the shower and sink. When the water warms up it will open and only when hot will it present at the shower/faucet head.

Are you considering that?

Third From Texas

I am going to plumb a mixing valve so there is a return to the tank from the shower and sink. When the water warms up it will open and only when hot will it present at the shower/faucet head.

Are you considering that?
Yep, I saw a slick Kodiak ambo conversion that had it in his tankless setup.

I thought about it for the sink, but the heater is directly under the sink so there's not enough wasted running to hot to worry about there

The shower run is only ~10' of line and I'm installing a bypass valve that returns the hot back to the heater on that run. I calculate it's less than half a gallon in the line between heater and showerhead. Still, it's a simple enough install not to toss it in.

Third From Texas

Also, I "think" that I have everything I need to make sure the system drains for winterization (I hear that people actually have to do that north of San Antonio).

The tank drain is below all the line runs, below the heater and the drinking filter system. I have tiny in-line cutoff valves for each leg and I have several spare bypass valves (that could go to drain). But I haven't put much thought into it. I know some folks incorporate a way to get air supplied to blow water out the lines. The entire system is PEX and if something were to fail it would most likely be at one of the connections I make for winterization or the pump/heater, so.....dunno.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, I "think" that I have everything I need to make sure the system drains for winterization (I hear that people actually have to do that north of San Antonio).

The tank drain is below all the line runs, below the heater and the drinking filter system. I have tiny in-line cutoff valves for each leg and I have several spare bypass valves (that could go to drain). But I haven't put much thought into it. I know some folks incorporate a way to get air supplied to blow water out the lines. The entire system is PEX and if something were to fail it would most likely be at one of the connections I make for winterization or the pump/heater, so.....dunno.
You can push air thru your water system to push water out of everything to keep from winter damage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks