• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throwin' $2000 at the Green Bomb

ODdave

Parttime, upgrade the fuel system, frame mounted electric fuel pump (primes b 4 the engine is cranking to purge any air) and a large spin on fuel filter. run new lines too. this upgrade = $200 and bout a saturdays worth of work. Then buy about $20 worth of dielectric grease and a wire brush then thouroughly clean ALL of your ground conections, the conections on the alt.'s and the gp circut conections. I personaly think this would be a good start.

partime

OD dave great advice....I have bout the new starter relay:) .....The fuel upgrade sounds interesting.Where to get the pump and Which spin on filter Thanks

ODdave

the pump is a factory GM part, just go to any part store and ask for a fuel/ lift pump for a 95 chevy 2500 w/ diesel. it looks about like a gas fuel filter w/ wires. as for the filter there are several uinversal kits on ebay. we used a large one for a semi on Rue_69 's truck. i belive he has some pictures posted so you can get an idea

Sajer

This is what I plan on doing, but of course the old MV might change that lineup for me so who knows.

Fix broken speedo cable
All fluids changed out.
All hoses inspected and replaced
All filters changed
Rhino line or equivalent the interior
Batteries are near new so no issue there.
Extra starter relay just in case.
Radio
Insulate the doors and roof
Tint the rear windows, my company distributs some of this product so no issue there.
Undercoat? This is one im debating at the underside is in such good shape I hate to see the salt degrade it.
New Seats?
Whip ant.
New Dash and door pads

partime

:grin:Great ideas .....I have
Rebuilt starter $125
Installed starter relay $20
Tinted windows $150
K&N Air filter $56
Oil and filter $33
Battery disconect $28 Keep them coming

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks