• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thunder Over Michigan, August 10-11, 2013

kscheel

Registration for the show is now open!! Follow the link: http://thunder2013.eventbrite.com/

The convoy and parade that we normally have go through downtown Belleville will be going to a new location this year. We will be going to "Depot Town" in Ypsilanti. This is a great location with an authentic historic main street. We have been wanting to have the convoy go to this location for sometime and with the Strawberry Festival closing the roads around downtown Belleville we were given the perfect reason to give this location the go ahead for this year. The convoy will be a few miles longer than in years past as well. Like always, it will be a great time for all.

Even though the Thunderbirds have cancelled their season, Thunder Over Michigan will go on and now we will work even harder at our Vietnam theme. Incorporated into the Vietnam theme is a Homecoming Salute to Vietnam Veterans. As part of this we will have a large premium seating tent on the show-line reserved for Vietnam veterans and their families to enjoy the airshow and battles.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited:

hatman

Kyle,

No debate here, but still you have to agree that the money saved allows more funding for force readiness, which is the most important. Thunderbirds are part of the recruiting area of the Air Force, the Air Force is way, way ahead in recruiting. When I was in the Air Force 18+ years, as a civil engineer, I have enjoyed watching the Thunderbirds, I was on duty at Selfridge ANGB MI when they were there. I was happy to see them and watch them go!

kscheel

[h=5]ANNOUNCEMENT: This year's dates of the Thunder Over Michigan Air Show will be back to our traditional early August time frame (August 10-11, 2013) to help accommodate a bigger show, number and quality of performers, and an overall better time for our loyal fans.

We have traditionally held the show in early August but, we initially moved this year's show to mid-June in order to accommodate the scheduling of the United States Air Force Thunderbirds. With the Thunderbirds' entire 2013 season, including a scheduled weekend at Thunder Over Michigan, grounded due to the federal budget sequestration, we sought to move the show back to its usual August dates.

Early August is what our fans have come to expect for Thunder and we are pleased that we can move back to our normal dates. The August dates now allow us to secure additional world-class performers, statics, and displays; the weather is historically much better than in June; and there is less conflict with other events then.

I look forward to seeing you all in August![/h]

kscheel

The show is about a month away and by all accounts we will have one of our best MV turnouts. I'm looking forward to a long, obnoxious convoy and parade snaking through Belleville on Friday, August 9!

See you all there!

kscheel

The show is just a 8 days away!

There is still time to register if you would like to come out and join us for one of the premier shows in the state of Michigan. Follow this link to register: http://tom2013.eventbrite.com/ *Please disregard the previously posted registration link

For those of you interested in participating with the Friday evening convoy and parade take note of the following times: 5:00pm convoy form-up, 5:30pm convoy departs Willow Run, 6:30 parade begins in Belleville, 7:45pm depart Belleville.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks