• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thz71's M1008

CUCVLOVER

That's a nice drive line.

As for the price. I know that to the buyer it seems like a lot but there is a lot to consider. You have the cost of the materials, the cost of the time the employees had in it and a profit margin to keep the lights open.
Since I have grown up in a welding and machining business I see both sides of it. It's basically anything that you can buy you have to look at it like this. This is the price (X), then you have the item you have think about something, could you make it for that cost.

thz71

For sure that's not pocket change, and it's not cheap:

- But that does look to be some pretty detailed machining there.

So it might be fair market cost, but I know what you mean, it always hurts to shell out three (or more figure) cash.
That's a nice drive line.

As for the price. I know that to the buyer it seems like a lot but there is a lot to consider. You have the cost of the materials, the cost of the time the employees had in it and a profit margin to keep the lights open.
Since I have grown up in a welding and machining business I see both sides of it. It's basically anything that you can buy you have to look at it like this. This is the price (X), then you have the item you have think about something, could you make it for that cost.
Oh yah the price is fair imo. they didn't mark up much on the parts and it's really nice and heavy. I picked out all the parts myself, I just don't have a welder good enough yet or way to balance it. I could have just taken my stock driveshaft and had them lengthen it but I only wanted to spend this money once.

Another Ahab

No, absolutely I AM serious about how pretty it is. Really; a special kind of pretty.

I'm a fan of Willa Cather and her writing. Nobody in the world has ever written more eloquently about the beauty of that particular landscape (or any landscapes for that matter), as she has.

:beer:

thz71

led bar and pods mounted on the front. Cut up the stock turns to mount the pods. I'm going to do the turns different.
painted my front reciever

Pulled kingpin springs engine belts and rear diff vents. Gona get new belts keep the old as spares. Get washers for the top of the springs and get longer diff vents.
Also every bit of paint and finish on my nice engine is destroyed because of battery acid that's always nice.

thz71

Death wobble fix? I hope so.
bent steering stabilizer
need a new "bolt"
So close

Had to do some trimming to get the stock hitch to fit around the shackle flip
rusty
less rusty
Black
new serp belts. Old ones in the cab for possible trail fixes

thz71

gona try and help this floor out before memorial day weekend
started trying to get all my lighting figured out, huge mess
Pulled this out. No clue what it is
dead end wires
if I had more time before memorial day I'd tear every wire out of the **** thing and go to bare essentials.
Straightened the bed back out with the help of a cummins

put the stock hitch back on the rear for a tow/push/winch point
2nd battery mount mocked up
Had to have the bolts that came with it extended, and ordered an isolator

thz71

Put my new shocks on and promptly maxed them out. So that sucks
batt box mounted. Had to cut it some after this pic so the hood would shut

(Edit) and now I just realized that if I had to cut the battery mount the hood still won't close when I put a battery in it lol wow.

Fixed my weather stripping fixed my tach fixed my voltmeter. Moved the batt mount to the opposite side.
wired it up

thz71

Had to trim the hood structure
then cleared the bed off
the list for memorial day is getting pretty short.
Hi lift mounted
pre filter installed
rear diff vent extented to the bottom of the bed. Only way it gets water in it is if my feet are under water In the cab. That's how I'll know I need to drain the rear diff.
Pass front shock installed even though like I said in the last post the drivers is acting like a bump stop. Because tbh I quite like that idea I'd rather replace shocks than mangled leaf springs
rear lighting installed

thz71

wired up
floor has some problems that I half ass fixed last summer with heat ducting pulled all that junk out
used my toolbox from a rolled parts truck
getting there
better than nothing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks