• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tips to short list HMMWVs up for auction on Gov Planet

springbok

GP said they try to avoid pics of overhauled stickers or make any reference to it as they are not able to verify it and do not want to get involved with it. one of my overhauled stickers was on the doghouse, imagine if they said, overhauled in 2004 and it turned out someone swapped out the doghouse. I agree with them 100% not to try and publicize it as it could bite them in the back side.

kojo0513

GP said they try to avoid pics of overhauled stickers or make any reference to it as they are not able to verify it and do not want to get involved with it. one of my overhauled stickers was on the doghouse, imagine if they said, overhauled in 2004 and it turned out someone swapped out the doghouse. I agree with them 100% not to try and publicize it as it could bite them in the back side.
Want to clarify, "doghouse" is this guy with the sticker right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443641549.422277.jpg

Sandman02ds

Thank you Sandman. Why do you say 2- mans are the way to go? What are the advantages? Thanks.
1. 2-mans generally go for less than your 4-mans.
2. You can convert to a 4 man fairly easily.
3. I like the utility of having a pick-up truck when needed by just taking the cargo top and troop seats off. (I keep the top off anyway).

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How can you tell from the picture he posted?
The picture he posted is the General Engine Products engine. You can tell by the long rectangular shape of the sticker. (and it says General Engine Products ;-) ) They are the improved 6.5L engines that Am General is building. The bought the rights from GM and fixed some of the known issues.

The GEP engines are the ones you want.

http://www.amgeneral.com/vehicles/gep/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks