• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire size with lift

pinwormfood

hi guys, i spent the better part of an hour on here trying to find out what is the largest tire and rim size combo I can go with on my 1009 with a 4 inch rancho lift...new leafs in front and block rear...all new shocks.
stock axles, and i would rather not get into a trim job on the fenders.
i dont do a ton of off roading, just weekend fun and it is my daily driver so i need to be streetable...
any tire recommendations would be great too. thanks fellas

rnd-motorsports

just put a set of 35-25.50-15 general grabber mt s with 10 inch rims on a blazer with 4 inch lift looked great with no triming needed Sorry never think about pic's till truck is gone! aua

MSgt USMC (Ret)

I've got 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's on a 4" lift. Rides like a Cadillac on the highway and no rubbing in parking lot tight turns. Looks good too.[/QUOTE

what size exactly? i have stock rims and tires and if i go to a 35, don't i have to get a wider rim?
I have stock rims, not sure of the width but a 35" will fit. I'll post the exact size when I get home.

DokWatson

I have 42's on regular 15 inch rims, your stock rims should work. You have to look at what the tire is rated for, they have a range of widths they will work with.

I wouldn't go with more than 33's with 10 bolts... a sudden gain of traction with anything bigger and stuff starts breaking.

kurtkds

Here's a pic of my '73 with a 4" lift and a 3"body lift. Running 35" x 12.5" x 15" Cooper MT's, I added the body lift after running these tires for a while. I found that extreme articulation would cause the tires to rub in various places in the fender wells.

With 4" of lift, I'd stick with 33".

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks