• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire size with lift

pinwormfood

hi guys, i spent the better part of an hour on here trying to find out what is the largest tire and rim size combo I can go with on my 1009 with a 4 inch rancho lift...new leafs in front and block rear...all new shocks.
stock axles, and i would rather not get into a trim job on the fenders.
i dont do a ton of off roading, just weekend fun and it is my daily driver so i need to be streetable...
any tire recommendations would be great too. thanks fellas

rnd-motorsports

just put a set of 35-25.50-15 general grabber mt s with 10 inch rims on a blazer with 4 inch lift looked great with no triming needed Sorry never think about pic's till truck is gone! aua

MSgt USMC (Ret)

I've got 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's on a 4" lift. Rides like a Cadillac on the highway and no rubbing in parking lot tight turns. Looks good too.[/QUOTE

what size exactly? i have stock rims and tires and if i go to a 35, don't i have to get a wider rim?
I have stock rims, not sure of the width but a 35" will fit. I'll post the exact size when I get home.

DokWatson

I have 42's on regular 15 inch rims, your stock rims should work. You have to look at what the tire is rated for, they have a range of widths they will work with.

I wouldn't go with more than 33's with 10 bolts... a sudden gain of traction with anything bigger and stuff starts breaking.

kurtkds

Here's a pic of my '73 with a 4" lift and a 3"body lift. Running 35" x 12.5" x 15" Cooper MT's, I added the body lift after running these tires for a while. I found that extreme articulation would cause the tires to rub in various places in the fender wells.

With 4" of lift, I'd stick with 33".

Attachments

Last edited: