• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titleing Deuce in Mass - need 17 digit VIN

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received an SF97 from GL and thought there were only three problems with it when I took it to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles to be titled. I knew that the weight was noted as 23000 and the GVWR as 32000, but I have a good photo showing that the numbers should be 13000 and 23000. The RMV lady said this wasn't a problem. The SF97 also was in error as it noted the purchase price as $142.14 (I wish!). The bill of sale GL sent had the correct price, and said that $107 was collected as sales tax to AZ. The RMV lady said that this was not enough proof and that I would still have to pay MA sales tax. I didn't fuss about that problem as it seemed like a losing battle. But then the real problem - my SF97 and other documents had a VIN with 16 digits, not the 17 that RMV expected. At that point I said that I would come back another day, as it was near closing time Friday and the RMV lady was getting irritated.

Ethan's deuce is still at a self-storage place in Chester, VA, so I can't look at the VIN on the frame. But then I looked carefully at my photos of the dashboard identification data plate, and saw that there is a dash before the final five ID numbers. This may solve my problem! My question is whether RMV will accept a dash as one of the characters in the VIN? I am attaching a photo of the ID plate.

Deuce ID plate.jpg

bigbird1

In Indiana They called to the main branch in Indy and they told the girls to just add a 0 on the end to make it 17, sound like they need to call someone who has went through the sf-97 form .