• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titleing Deuce in Mass - need 17 digit VIN

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received an SF97 from GL and thought there were only three problems with it when I took it to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles to be titled. I knew that the weight was noted as 23000 and the GVWR as 32000, but I have a good photo showing that the numbers should be 13000 and 23000. The RMV lady said this wasn't a problem. The SF97 also was in error as it noted the purchase price as $142.14 (I wish!). The bill of sale GL sent had the correct price, and said that $107 was collected as sales tax to AZ. The RMV lady said that this was not enough proof and that I would still have to pay MA sales tax. I didn't fuss about that problem as it seemed like a losing battle. But then the real problem - my SF97 and other documents had a VIN with 16 digits, not the 17 that RMV expected. At that point I said that I would come back another day, as it was near closing time Friday and the RMV lady was getting irritated.

Ethan's deuce is still at a self-storage place in Chester, VA, so I can't look at the VIN on the frame. But then I looked carefully at my photos of the dashboard identification data plate, and saw that there is a dash before the final five ID numbers. This may solve my problem! My question is whether RMV will accept a dash as one of the characters in the VIN? I am attaching a photo of the ID plate.

Deuce ID plate.jpg

bigbird1

In Indiana They called to the main branch in Indy and they told the girls to just add a 0 on the end to make it 17, sound like they need to call someone who has went through the sf-97 form .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks