• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

titling your Deuce use caution

m782gear

I would like to get the word out there about a company I found on this site SteeL Soldiers......I was looking for a company to do all th e legwork to title/register my M35a2 ans chose International Title Services ( I.T.S.) completed all the needed documents and sent off..received a call from Joe Holmes (the owner )and he said the quote of $650 .00 would actualy be $850.00.....needing this I authorized to continue process, a month later my C.C. statement was charged $915.00 and have nothing to show for it, this process started the first week of September.......2010! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. and please pass this around.

add also found here...do not use I.T.S.
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_register_title.php

Thanks.

Nick ( E-5 ) U.S.M.C

Last edited:

m782gear

I knew nothing of the SF97 until after...I bought it from a company that buys from the Gov. and was told later that he should have supplied this form..after contacting him I go another round with some one that will not return a message.
Live and learn

JAYHAWK 1962

Dude call the credit card company and cancel the transaction or call and report fraud. The credit card company will do an investigation and can remove the charge from your account. It blows that companies operate this way.

3dAngus

Precisely. Call the CC and cancel the transaction. We have had some other reports of this company on this web site closing down in some states and abandoning the persons who had chartered for their services. Avoid, and get your money back. No title is worth $900.

paulfarber

Was the agreement to actually title the truck or simply submit the paperwork?

Why would you pay almost a grand to do something than can be done with a good notary? Or did you also believe what the local DMV droid told you?

Call the guy back, and tell him you will charge back unless you either get a title or a refund.

m782gear

called and wrote a letter to the C.C.....called I.T.S. and requested the proccess stop.......if it at all was started. and to answer the question why whould I.......
because I no time to deal with this stuff...it seemed easyer to have a company " that does this " and be done with it...so if you want to continue to make me feel like a dumb @#*ss...I guess carry on, all I wanted to do is get the word out about I.T.S.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sorry about your problem but there must be 1 million posts about this dirt bag company. A search would have avoided the problem. Hope it works out for you.

Chief_919

I knew nothing of the SF97 until after...I bought it from a company that buys from the Gov. and was told later that he should have supplied this form..after contacting him I go another round with some one that will not return a message.
Live and learn
Who was it you got the truck from that stiffed you on the proper paperwork? If it is a company post who so others can be warned.

3dAngus

In Georgia, you don't get titles on vehicles over either 20 or 25 years old. I forgot. Point is, these vehicles, or the M35A2 that is, can be sold and purchased with a bill of sale, and a tag and registration can be obtained. The M35A3 can get a title. Every state is subject to being different.

edit: Georgia is now "1962 and older" vehicles do not need a title.

Last edited:

Chief_919

In Georgia, you don't get titles on vehicles over either 20 or 25 years old. I forgot. Point is, these vehicles, or the M35A2 that is, can be sold and purchased with a bill of sale, and a tag and registration can be obtained. The M35A3 can get a title. Every state is subject to being different.
NC will give you a title with a GA bill of sale AND the GA registration in the sellers name.

Just a GA bill of sale is a no-go.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
m782gear,

If nothing else, let the $950 dollar loss be your tuition to learning the utility of this forum. Remember this:

Consult SS before opening your wallet!!!

The accumulated experience and wisdom on this site will be your guiding light through purchases, vendors, repair techniques and more! You just have to know that it's all here.

Welcome to this forum and best wishes with unwinding the transaction with ITS.

Rick

but you must exercise

3dAngus

NC will give you a title with a GA bill of sale AND the GA registration in the sellers name.

Just a GA bill of sale is a no-go.

Yep. And I just found out something that has changed for reasons unknown. Georgia now has it "no title required" for vehicles 1962 and older.

Also, trailers under 2000 pounds don't have to be titled in Georgia. That means the M101s don't need one. Good thing. All I really want is a tag anyway. Titles are just a way for states to generate revenue. The tag registration has all the info I need.

Optional titles are the following;

You can title a 1963-1985 year model vehicle if;
1)You have a title issued in your name
2)The owner on the front of the title has assigned the title to you
3) the owner on the front of the title has assigned the title to a dealer and the dealer has assigned the title to you
You can not title a 1963-1985 year model vehicle if:
1) the vehicle has been registered in someone else's name(s) other than the owner(s) shown on the face of the Georgia title.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I'm a fan of GA registration as well. Heck, my 85 CUCV even qualified for a tag with just a bill of sale from the previous owner. I don't intend on selling my stuff so I get by with just a tag and insurance. Also, when you register one, be careful when they ask you for "fair valuation". If I were to register the Deuce for it's $46,000 dollar price, I'd have a heck of a tag fee each August. I valued them both at $1,000 so my tags aside from the $20 tag fee are nearly free.

papercu

The first rule I follow is not believe anything you read WITHOUT a link to a official website.
Anything else is one of those " a friend of a friend told me" deals. Wayne

paulfarber

Go back to the seller and jam him up. If he sells more than a few vehicles a year most states call them dealers... and HEAVILY REGULATE THEM.

Drive to his place, tell him that you will raise holy h*ll and rat him out to any government office that will listen to you from the dog catcher to the Governor of the state.

If he would like to avoid the attention, you demand a TITLE (no SF-97, that time has passed) or some other satisfaction.

Keep you word. Emails to the gooberment is free and to them fines = income.

Jump Start

I agree with Jayhawk 1962 the credit card company should take the charges off of your statement and they will take care of the crook. I would contact the credit card company today so you can sleep with peace of mind at night

Jump Start

I agree with Jayhawk 1962 the credit card company should take the charges off of your statement and they will take care of the crook. I would contact the credit card company today so you can sleep with peace of mind at night

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks